“Worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have been here many times, food and service always good. Nice setting too, it you ignore the fact you're on the flight path for Perth's airport. Well priced food and drink, nice atmosphere. I will be going back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lower Chittering, Western Australia, Australia
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have been here before and the meals have been OK.
We went there for lunch on the 15th February to celebrate my birthday and I was very disappointed. They were obviously busy as we struggled to park anywhere near.
I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana and It came with a chicken breast covered in layers of ham and the the cheese/tomato coating on the top. The ham was overpowering and the topping just peeled away in one lump. It was in my opinion, a $15.00 poor pub counter meal type meal and something I did not expect to get served in the restaurant at restaurant pricing of $30.00
We ordered drinks when we first sat down and were never asked again. Not sure if I would race back here again,given the quality of other places in the valley.

Perth, Australia
“Garden restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I visited with family on a Sunday for lunch and I am glad that I made a reservation because it was very busy, full of families and couples. There are 2 separate areas outside for dining, the beer garden where you can have just a steak sandwich, salad, burger etc, or the Garden Restaurant where there is a full menu (steak, fish, pasta, lamb roast etc).

We ordered a starter of garlic bread which was hot and very nice (the slices of bread were enormous). The reef & beef was very good for the price. A thick piece of quality steak, very juicy with prawns in a garlic sauce, served with a basket of hot crispy fries. It was cooked to perfection. Our family ordered various mains of crispy skinned salmon with noodles, eye fillet, roast lamb, barramundi. Everyone enjoyed their food but would comment that although the barramundi was nice (served with fries and a delicious salad), the portion was very small for $32 which we wouldn't order again. The hand cut fries served with the eye fillet were enormous and we would have preferred to order the potato & leek galette instead.

We had several rounds of drinks and there was plenty to choose from the wine list. We ordered a glass of Cola but received a glass of flat warm Pepsi which we took back and asked for it to be replaced with something else. At the time of receiving the bill we noted that we had been charged for this, but they quickly deleted it. The desserts were a bit of a let down, apart from the chocolate tasting plate. We were looking forward to the chocolate tart with fruit/liquer compote only to be told that they had run out. The chocolate tasting plate was good but very rich and would be ample for 2 to share, consisting of a square of chocolate&raspberry fudge, a chocolate browney, chocolate ice-cream and a chocolate macaroon. The lemon meringue with raspberry sorbet was disappointing. It wasn't a pie but just two large meringues sandwiched together with lemon butter. The meringues were very hard and when cut into with the spoon, catapulted across the table. They seemed like the variety you can buy from the supermarket as they were not soft in the middle and chewy, which you would expect from a restaurant kitchen. The large slice of caramel cake with icing was very sweet and was very dry.

After having such lovely main dishes we were deflated when we received the desserts (apart from the chocolate tasting plate). The chef really does need to re-think the dessert menu.

The wait staff were friendly and efficient and service all round was good. We would definitely visit this place again. If I particularly wanted something on their dessert menu though I would order this at the same time as the main to ensure that I get my request. But apart from the dessert disappointment, I cannot fault anything else.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Nice Beer Garden”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I got confused due to there being two Rose & Crown review areas, Then I worked out that one is for the food/bar reviews and the other is for the Hotel accommodation.

I have lived in Swan Valley for quite a few years and had never been to the Rose & Crown before,
we had our work Christmas party there in December, so when my friends wanted to catch up for lunch that was central to all of us we chose the Rose & Crown.

Both times I found the Bar Staff to be very nonchalant but the wait staff to be very efficient and friendly, The food was very nice although some items were a bit pricey for the amount you receive eg: Fries in a tiny basket for $5
The main reason I went back to the Rose & Crown was the beer garden, with our weather here it is a perfect place to catch up with friends, it is a relaxed area with plenty of seating and tables of different types and they have a mister system that sprays a mist of water over you to keep you cool.
I will probably go here again simply for the atmosphere and it's close to home, hopefully the bar staff's attitude will be friendlier.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Forfar, United Kingdom
“Pizza in the Beer Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Visited with a group of 8 and had a lovely evening. We chose to have the wood fired pizzas in the beer garden. Pizzas were ordered & served to us within about 15 minutes. They were very very tasty & flavoursome. Also ordered olive bread which came as a mini pizza. Excellently priced. Definitely recommend here, will be trying their full menu next time! Go on give it a go!

Visited January 2014