“The prettiest winery in Margaret River region” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Willyabrup
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: "Laurance of Margaret River, your one stop Margaret River wine experience. Home of the famous "CHICK ON A STICK " Dianne Laurance had a vision to create a Cellar with a difference. Laurance, with its rustic charm and European sophistication, offers visitors unique tastings in magnificent surroundings. The building has been constructed of prefabricated concrete and its unique finish gives the perception of age. Ironbark timbers sourced from the old Wooloomooloo Wharf in Sydney feature throughout the building. The Cellar is adorned with beautiful artworks and sculptures from around Australia. The grounds boast a 1,000 bush rose garden and two spectacular sculptures.The building has a large open fire, is air conditioned and is family friendly with a fabulous playground for the children.Tastings are offered by way of two choices of trays at a minimal cost. Patrons are encouraged to sit at a table with their trays and relax and enjoy the ambience of the magnificent surroundings and background music.Laurance produces the premium range "Laurance of Margaret River" which consists of 10 national and international award winning wines. The property itself has also been awarded numerous accolades.Casual, family friendly, affordable meals that focus on local produce is available daily.Tour groups are welcome and parking and turning circles have been provided for buses.
Burleigh Heads, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“The prettiest winery in Margaret River region”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The roses and the architecture of the winery is amazing the grounds are beautiful and everybody talks abut the bathrooms! Even they are amazing :)
The wine tastings are fun and unique. A wedding here would be amazing! They have really wonderful Easter day activities for families.
BEAUTIFUL food

Visited March 2013
LauranceWines, Owner at Laurance of Margaret River, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
I loved being called the prettiest place to visit in Margaret River. My gardeners are so passionate about the gardens and actually love spending time chatting to visitors. I love colour so I am always discussing I want colour, colour everywhere in all seasons with head gardener Kale Roberts. I guess my passion for colour also comes out in all the paintings I have collected over time.
Why live life in Black and White when we can be surrounded with such beautiful colours!!!!!
Chef Luke Rogers is back after 4 months travelling in Asia with some absolutely delicious ideas for the new Summer Menu ready to be rolled out.
Come back and see us again. We endeavour to change things here and there so our regular guests get a surprise with each visit.

Perth, Australia
“A must for lovers of fine wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visit Laurance of Margaret River every time we are in the region, it is a must for those seeking magnificent wine and food. Opulence surrounds you at every angle, from the stunning gardens to the classic artworks. Best of all families are welcomed with open arms, and are well catered for. They have all needs met.

Visited July 2013
LauranceWines, Owner at Laurance of Margaret River, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you soooooo much for your fabulous review. When we opened nearly 7 years ago there were very few places that catered for families in the South so that was one of my main focuses.
Always open to new ideas if you have any to offer???
Under the careful direction of vineyard manager Stu Dickens and of course our wine maker extraordinaire Bruce Dukes our wines have improved each vintage to a point they are now considered up there with the best Margaret River has to offer. Our new 2013 Rose' to be released around October is going to be a ripper...a real bonzer bewdy!!!!! The best we have made.
Head chef Luke Rodgers who has been travelling around Asia for the past couple of months will be back on board in Setember with a new Summer menu.
Leah our Cellar manager will always be there to welcome you and your family back with open arms.
Dublin
12 attraction reviews
“Wine is fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was a quiet day. Then we dropped into this beautiful winery set in manicured gardens and a magnificent rose garden. We were admiring the wonderful paintings and artworks in the foyer when we met Gavin, who is the perfect ambassador for Laurance. We loved his enthusiasm and humour and his non-fussy approach to the joy of wine as he took us through the tasting. My two daughters learned how wine is for everyone, and how to appreciate it and enjoy it. It seems Gavin is on a mission to keep 'boring' out of the wine trade. We wish them well. Needless to say, purchases were made. And do visit the bathrooms, even if you don't need to...

Visited June 2013
LauranceWines, Owner at Laurance of Margaret River, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review.
Gavin is one of our star performers. I also love his addictive enthusiasm and passion for wine.
He puts everyone at ease and in particular wine novices. He is a great entertainer when he gets behind the bar. He always puts a smile on my face.
You must come back in spring and see the rose garden in full bloom. It is a joy to the senses. Kale and his team are pruning the roses now and we usually see the first blooms early October.
I miss not having vases of colourful roses through out the Cellar but we always have something in bloom all year round from the gardens.
Perth, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Good wine, food and friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had lunch here when Duckstein Brewery down the road was full.
Definitely wasn't disturbed as we had great food and good value!

We had wine tasting with good wines and really staff.

I love all the decorations/arts in this winery, and the rose garden too!
I was really glad that we stopped by this winery.

Visited June 2013
LauranceWines, Owner at Laurance of Margaret River, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
So pleased over the road was full and you were able to have the LAURANCE experience.
I seriously cannot rave on enough about my staff. They are all so committed to customer service and making us the best. As you can imagine on long weekends and busy school holidays you cannot get enough staff so my office staff, gardeners and vineyard workers all help out at the Cellar when needed over these times. LOL.....some funny stories here!!!!!
The wines are just getting better each year under the watchful eye of operational and vineyard manager Stu Dickens and our wonderful wine maker Bruce Dukes.
Watch out for the release of the 2013 Rose' in about September as I promise this one will be extremely special.
Thanks for your wonderful review.
Fingal Bay, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“BEST winery in Margaret River!! (wine, food, scenery)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent three days in Margaret River area, almost solely to visit the wineries. We saw many, and this was by far the best. Excellent estate: beautiful landscape (lake, fountain, Italian-style villa), stunning décor (landscaping, walkways) and cellar door (fireplace, paintings, nice feeling). The food was superb! Definitely try the tasting platter...everything was delicious!! And, most of all, the wine was gorgeous! Try the Icon Cab Sav 2010 - our favourite cabernet...probably ever! Beautiful wine bottles too. This place would be perfect for a wedding...my wife and I would choose this place if we had to do it all over again! :)

Visited May 2013
LauranceWines, Owner at Laurance of Margaret River, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
My goodness thank you so very much for your wonderful review of my Cellar. It makes me very happy that you and your wife had a wonderful time.
Trip advisor have just announced Laurance Cellar has been awarded the certificate of excellence and is now rated in the top 10%of places to visit in the world.
If it wasn't for generous people like you who take the time to write these reviews it would not have happened ........so a big kiss and cuddle to you.
Ha.....if you are not going to remarry why don't you and your wife come back and renew your wedding vows in the rose garden!!!!!!!
Owner $ Founder