“Cannot recommend enough..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Sayan
Leeds
“Cannot recommend enough..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here on honeymoon ... First class service, main building looks like some thing from a James Bond movie.... Phenomenal... Staff were so helpful, food lovely, amazingly beautiful villa.... Go there!!!! There is also a handy shuttle bus to Ubud :-) Thanks Gav and Jen x

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I needed to get away to think about major efforts under way and to bring soulful balance to my life. The river front villa was like no space I have stayed in. The room is perfectly designed for the location, the deck and private villa pool are perfectly placed on the river bank and the sound of the river echoes through the entire room - 24 hours a day. I spent four evenings by myself in the villa (wife couldn't make the business trip) and it felt so comforting I have now decided to get some meditation time each year in such a location. I even had a private meditation session with an instructor at the pool's edge at sun up. WOW!

Room Tip: River front villa 21 is the best!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

As I try to post a review for another hotel, I realise my assessment needs a benchmark and I find myself recollecting on my experience at this hotel. I was here with my wife in April and it was our first stay in Ubud, having always stayed around the Seminyak area. I do not wax lyrical about a ppty unless I truly believe it justified my experience - and I have to say that I sincerely agree with all the comments that marked this ppty out as "Excellent". These were my experiences:

1. The service was top notch. The manager, deputy manager and hotel staff were extremely attentive and obliging. Knowing we loved spice/chillis, they concocted a Balinese chili condiment for us to take home - it was sealed in an air-tight container. Small gesture but great touch.

2. The room was spacious, well appointed and well-cooled. In my experience, air-cons in villas are typically lacklustre. No such problem here. We were impressed with the house-keeping - they packed my wife's toiletries/make-up, laid them neatly on a face towel and attended to this twice daily - in the morning during house-keeping and in the evening during turn-down. They brough our clothes in from the outside (which we left to dry) in the evenings so that they don't get nicked and relaid floor towels.

3. The poolside service was great. The valets there obliged us with every need - from ice buckets to banana smoothie refreshments (on the house) and watermelon lollies (also on the house). They moved the umbrellas along with the direction of the sun throughout the day. The umbrellas (x2 for double shade) were anchored to stone bases which made moving them an effort. They moved them anyway - what do you say to such service?

4. The restaurant food was good, albeit a little pricey. The breakfast choices were nothing short of spectacular - you can order whatever was on the menu, however many times you want and in whatever variations you desired. It was a buffet, served a-la-carte style.

5. My wife tells me the spa was great. The spa therapist who served her had been there since the hotel opened. I went on a cycling tour which I highly recommend coz they took you through the padi fields and fed you a coconut along the way. They had cold towels towards the end to freshen you up (a high touch again). The lady who guided us had also been there since the hotel opened. With staff members who had been there so long, you do get a sense that the hotel valued its employees and the employees in turn took pride in their place there. Great testament to Four Seasons.

I don't have a lot of cons save to say that the hotel prices are not on the low side and mosquitoes/bugs hiding on the seat covers within the villas can be an annoyance. I was stung/bitten twice but didn't know by what. That however is not going to stop me from going back there again - which is saying a lot as I am always keen to try out new pptys I revisit a location.

Room Tip: I stayed at Villa 18 - great view and very private. You don't have your neighbour's villa pe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great for family with kids! Excellent village walk and kids club. Can be both romantic and also have peace of mind with the kids. The villa spa was incredible and personal. Your family will feel really special staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
On behalf of the Four Seasons Sayan team, thank you for your positive comments and feedback.

We are pleased to hear you and the kids had a good time. Children love our Pici Pici kids club and is very popular amongst the little ones. Glad your kids could get the chance to experience it.

We look forward to welcoming you back and perhaps on your next trip, you could experience our new family suites (3 units) that would be ideal for a family of four or five with an extra bed. You won't be disappointed.

Until we meet again, have a wonderful yea ahead and we shall be here to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

we loved the location, people and hotel. our room was lovely, with incredible views of one of the most amazing properties i have ever been in. the food was both authentic and western if you wanted it. the pool looked over a river and every now and then a group would float by on a white water raft - that is fun. really quiet and spiritually compelling location. we don't want to leave and would come back tomorrow.

Room Tip: ask for a private view of the forest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words.

The pool continues to be a favorite spot for our guests given the tranquility and closeness to nature.

We keep getting favorable and positive feedback o our newly renovate suites and villas as you mentioned and once again, we thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It is hard to put into words how fantastic this hotel is. It is definitely the best hotel I have ever stayed in and I cannot imagine that anywhere will ever beat it.

The staff are incredible and cannot do enough for you, every little detail is carefully thought about such as cold towels and water provided wherever possible. The hotel itself and its surroundings are breathtaking, I did not realise dream places like this existed.

We upgraded to a two bedroom villa, villa 11, you must book this villa if possible, it is beautiful. The restaurant is fantastic, so is the main pool. The daily activities are great and many complimentary, we went on an early morning trek one morning into the nearby villages.

We were advised to stay in Ubud for a maximum of 4 nights, however I could have stayed in the Four Season much longer and did not want to leave.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a villa, villa 11 is beautiful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Uday R, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind and very encouraging words. I don't think we can get a better compliment than "the best hotel in the world"! Truly thank you. I have shared your comments with the team on site and they are delighted. It's been posted on the staff notice board for all the read and encourages them to read such letters from guests.

We shall continue to focus on the details. Its the details that will continue to set us apart.

I trust you will give us another chance to welcome you back in the future and stay longer. We'll keep villa #11 ready for you for your next trip.

Thank you once again.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon before travelling onto Nusa Dua Bali. By far the best hotel we have ever stayed in, scenery was breathtaking, service was top class and the standard of the villa we stayed in was out of this world. We could ave not stayed in a better hotel if we had tried and only dream of going back one day.

Four seasons Sayan has made our honeymoon extra special and we thank all the staff there for that

Mrs and Mr W

Room Tip: Try to spend a few more pounds and get your own villa, well worth it
Greetings from Sayan.

We are happy to hear that we were able to make your honeymoon special during your stay with us. We hope that your "dream" comes true so we can get another chance to look after you again. Perhaps on your 1st year anniversary?

Thank you once again for your kind and beautiful words describing the newly renovated villas and the magic of the Sayan valley.

Wish you the very best and much happiness in your life ahead.

Kind regards
Uday

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!