As I try to post a review for another hotel, I realise my assessment needs a benchmark and I find myself recollecting on my experience at this hotel. I was here with my wife in April and it was our first stay in Ubud, having always stayed around the Seminyak area. I do not wax lyrical about a ppty unless I truly believe it justified my experience - and I have to say that I sincerely agree with all the comments that marked this ppty out as "Excellent". These were my experiences:
1. The service was top notch. The manager, deputy manager and hotel staff were extremely attentive and obliging. Knowing we loved spice/chillis, they concocted a Balinese chili condiment for us to take home - it was sealed in an air-tight container. Small gesture but great touch.
2. The room was spacious, well appointed and well-cooled. In my experience, air-cons in villas are typically lacklustre. No such problem here. We were impressed with the house-keeping - they packed my wife's toiletries/make-up, laid them neatly on a face towel and attended to this twice daily - in the morning during house-keeping and in the evening during turn-down. They brough our clothes in from the outside (which we left to dry) in the evenings so that they don't get nicked and relaid floor towels.
3. The poolside service was great. The valets there obliged us with every need - from ice buckets to banana smoothie refreshments (on the house) and watermelon lollies (also on the house). They moved the umbrellas along with the direction of the sun throughout the day. The umbrellas (x2 for double shade) were anchored to stone bases which made moving them an effort. They moved them anyway - what do you say to such service?
4. The restaurant food was good, albeit a little pricey. The breakfast choices were nothing short of spectacular - you can order whatever was on the menu, however many times you want and in whatever variations you desired. It was a buffet, served a-la-carte style.
5. My wife tells me the spa was great. The spa therapist who served her had been there since the hotel opened. I went on a cycling tour which I highly recommend coz they took you through the padi fields and fed you a coconut along the way. They had cold towels towards the end to freshen you up (a high touch again). The lady who guided us had also been there since the hotel opened. With staff members who had been there so long, you do get a sense that the hotel valued its employees and the employees in turn took pride in their place there. Great testament to Four Seasons.
I don't have a lot of cons save to say that the hotel prices are not on the low side and mosquitoes/bugs hiding on the seat covers within the villas can be an annoyance. I was stung/bitten twice but didn't know by what. That however is not going to stop me from going back there again - which is saying a lot as I am always keen to try out new pptys I revisit a location.
I stayed at Villa 18 - great view and very private. You don't have your neighbour's villa pe...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.