“Couldn't be better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sayan
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Couldn't be better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel gets better every year. The management of this hotel handles everything impeccably. The grounds are perfectly beautiful on the river, in the rainforest. The service is wonderful and friendly. The rooms are fabulous and fit into the culture exquisitely. It is best to book you room to include breakfast, which is amazing.

Room Tip: Villa on the river is newly remodeled and perfect!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your succinct and complimentary review of our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay with us and I am happy to know that you enjoyed our service, the room, the grounds and your dining experience. I will share this with my team, who will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Michael Branham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I made a fairly last minute trip to Bali... I was going for work and we were able to get a great fare for him to come too, so we came a week early and took a vacation. We didn't have much time to plan, so went to our tried and true the Four Seasons. And it didn't disappoint! The property is amazing, the staff is the friendliest and most helpful, the activities are cultural and fun. The General Manager was omni-present and helped ensure we had the best recommendations for what to do and where to eat in Ubud. It's definitely rainy season, so when we tried to check out the volcano and lake it was a big pile of fog, but the hotel arranged for a driver to take us and he found other spots for us to check out along the way.

Room Tip: The villas are worth it! The suites were under renovation when we were there, so I can't comment...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Triel-sur-Seine, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The Resort is amazing, in the middle of the balinese jungle near Ubud, we enjoyed a lot to spend 3 days here! It was a memorable journey!
We participated to recreations : village tour, cycling tour, garden tour to visit the Area around, IT was Nice experiences cause our guides were so kind And pround of their Own Island!
Lot of activities organised for guests on complementary or not.
Resort team is so kind, discreet, smily, helpfull. The Resort Manager is already available to ensure your stay is perfect!
The jungle atmosphere with river sound makes this Resort unique!
Small Resort, very well maintained, 2 restaurants only, lot of stairs but buggy service already available, villas with design furnitures, so perfect!!

• Stayed February 2013
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a 'memorable journey' at our resort and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the activities provided at the resort and that the setting and the unique design of the resort enhanced your experience.

I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the kind and friendly service from our dedicated staff and I will share this with the team, who I am certain will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Simply sublime. The hotel's extraordinary architecture fully integrated into the landscape. We stayed over the weekend at River front Villa (#18), we had a memorable stay; quality of service, room condition, Quality of sleep and location everything just perfect!

We have traveled extensively and this is one of the nicest places we have ever been with a service and a warm and attentive. We are eager to be able to return.

Room Tip: Book river front villa!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you find yourself fortunate enough to be on the island of Bali, be sure to stay at the Four Season Sayan. The property, people and views in person are breathtaking. I enjoyed staying in Villa 28 with gorgeous views of the Ayung River. The villas themselves are spacious and perfect in every way. I loved the private plunge pool and outdoor shower. Hanging out by the main swimming pool located at the side of the Ayung, was the picture-perfect setting to let all my cares go away. The open air design of the main lobby and restaurant are a gorgeous setting for a casual drink or a fine dining experience. I would be remiss to not mention the FS staff from the front drive men who greet you as you arrive to the Resort Manager who you can find personally interacting with the guests in the lobby, the service at FS Sayan is tremendous. You will be so thankful you had the opportunity to say at such a magical and energy filled location, I know I am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a riverfront villa (number 21 which is the one you see in the pictures of the website) that was amazing. The pictures on the website are really what you get. The service was perfect (they knew our names, they were enjoying working there, etc). We were surprised by this amazing staff. We also had the chance to meet Udai Rao (Resort Manager) during the last night of our stay. Thank you again for this amazing moment ! Greetings from France. Guillaume and Olivier.

Room Tip: If you can afford, go for a riverfront villa (ask for the new renovated ones: villa 21 is awesome...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for this great review of your stay. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable experience.

We strive to provide a high level of personalised service to guests and to receive feedback such as yours is very reassuring and motivating. Thank you.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

San Anselmo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had read about the Four Seasons at Sayan, drooled over the beautiful pictures, and dreamt of visiting this property for years. Last June I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to finally visit. This hotel is just as glorious as the pictures make it out to be. Upon entering I was mesmerized by the entrance which was surrounded by rice fields, rivers and jungle. it was absolutely stunning beyond words. My husband and I were very much looking forward to our room overlooking the river, this is when I became ever so slightly disenchanted with the hotel. Apparently the hotel was renovating and the bulk of it's river front rooms were uninhabitable which was very unfortunate considering how long I had been waiting to stay here. We ended up with a jungle suite which was beautiful, but I had my heart set. During our trip to Bali we stayed at some of the best hotels on the island: two Amans and the Banyan tree. Hard to believe but despite the beauty of this hotel, it was probably my least favorite of all resorts. I guess it was just lacking a little in true Balinese feel. But I suppose considering it is a Four Seasons that is to be expected. I really have no complaints other than the room unavailability. The staff was glorious, the bed and room wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel for people who like first class accommodations and don't mind feeling like they are in a bit of a bubble. My husband and I ended up spending the bulk of our time scootering around the island despite warnings from the concierge and this was by far the most memorable part of our stay.

Room Tip: if available - get a river front room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!