“What else?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Sayan
Triel-sur-Seine, France
“What else?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Resort is amazing, in the middle of the balinese jungle near Ubud, we enjoyed a lot to spend 3 days here! It was a memorable journey!
We participated to recreations : village tour, cycling tour, garden tour to visit the Area around, IT was Nice experiences cause our guides were so kind And pround of their Own Island!
Lot of activities organised for guests on complementary or not.
Resort team is so kind, discreet, smily, helpfull. The Resort Manager is already available to ensure your stay is perfect!
The jungle atmosphere with river sound makes this Resort unique!
Small Resort, very well maintained, 2 restaurants only, lot of stairs but buggy service already available, villas with design furnitures, so perfect!!

• Stayed February 2013
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a 'memorable journey' at our resort and thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the activities provided at the resort and that the setting and the unique design of the resort enhanced your experience.

I am also happy to know that you enjoyed the kind and friendly service from our dedicated staff and I will share this with the team, who I am certain will feel very appreciated that they provided a memorable stay for you.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

632 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Simply sublime. The hotel's extraordinary architecture fully integrated into the landscape. We stayed over the weekend at River front Villa (#18), we had a memorable stay; quality of service, room condition, Quality of sleep and location everything just perfect!

We have traveled extensively and this is one of the nicest places we have ever been with a service and a warm and attentive. We are eager to be able to return.

Room Tip: Book river front villa!
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you find yourself fortunate enough to be on the island of Bali, be sure to stay at the Four Season Sayan. The property, people and views in person are breathtaking. I enjoyed staying in Villa 28 with gorgeous views of the Ayung River. The villas themselves are spacious and perfect in every way. I loved the private plunge pool and outdoor shower. Hanging out by the main swimming pool located at the side of the Ayung, was the picture-perfect setting to let all my cares go away. The open air design of the main lobby and restaurant are a gorgeous setting for a casual drink or a fine dining experience. I would be remiss to not mention the FS staff from the front drive men who greet you as you arrive to the Resort Manager who you can find personally interacting with the guests in the lobby, the service at FS Sayan is tremendous. You will be so thankful you had the opportunity to say at such a magical and energy filled location, I know I am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a riverfront villa (number 21 which is the one you see in the pictures of the website) that was amazing. The pictures on the website are really what you get. The service was perfect (they knew our names, they were enjoying working there, etc). We were surprised by this amazing staff. We also had the chance to meet Udai Rao (Resort Manager) during the last night of our stay. Thank you again for this amazing moment ! Greetings from France. Guillaume and Olivier.

Room Tip: If you can afford, go for a riverfront villa (ask for the new renovated ones: villa 21 is awesome...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for this great review of your stay. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable experience.

We strive to provide a high level of personalised service to guests and to receive feedback such as yours is very reassuring and motivating. Thank you.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

San Anselmo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had read about the Four Seasons at Sayan, drooled over the beautiful pictures, and dreamt of visiting this property for years. Last June I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to finally visit. This hotel is just as glorious as the pictures make it out to be. Upon entering I was mesmerized by the entrance which was surrounded by rice fields, rivers and jungle. it was absolutely stunning beyond words. My husband and I were very much looking forward to our room overlooking the river, this is when I became ever so slightly disenchanted with the hotel. Apparently the hotel was renovating and the bulk of it's river front rooms were uninhabitable which was very unfortunate considering how long I had been waiting to stay here. We ended up with a jungle suite which was beautiful, but I had my heart set. During our trip to Bali we stayed at some of the best hotels on the island: two Amans and the Banyan tree. Hard to believe but despite the beauty of this hotel, it was probably my least favorite of all resorts. I guess it was just lacking a little in true Balinese feel. But I suppose considering it is a Four Seasons that is to be expected. I really have no complaints other than the room unavailability. The staff was glorious, the bed and room wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel for people who like first class accommodations and don't mind feeling like they are in a bit of a bubble. My husband and I ended up spending the bulk of our time scootering around the island despite warnings from the concierge and this was by far the most memorable part of our stay.

Room Tip: if available - get a river front room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After a couple of weeks in Seminyak staying in villas, we fancied a change so hopped in a cab and travelled an hour away from the coast and into the jungle to Ubud. The hotel was just what we needed after staying in villas, I am scared of all insects so being in a hotel room three stories up was just what I needed! The entrance to the hotel is breathtaking as you are literally in a jungle. Don't be put off if you are a scaredy cat like me though as the hotel is kept pristine so you don't feel like you are in a jungle. Highlights below:

. The staff, they all know your name and were beyond friendly and helpful. Really hard workers who speak English brilliantly and add to your overall experience. Best I've had
. The hotel itself, our duplex room was probably one of the cheapest in the whole hotel but totally gorgeous. It had a living room with tea making facilities etc, cloakroom and balcony. Then downstairs was a large bedroom with a massive bathroom and dressing room plus terrace. The facilities e.g. the gym were also great, i have never wanted to spend so long in a changing room as it had a steam room and sauna plus everything you could ever need to get ready after a session in the gym. It also had an outdoor hot tub which was amazing before dinner
. I would say that the bar and restaurant are slightly lacking in atmosphere and the food selection on the menu is slightly limited if you are fussy like me
. The pool is two level infinity pool over looking the ravine - people white water rafting regular float past and shout hi which is always entertaining. Also a great pool lunch menu although it was massively overpriced
. Location wise it's about 15 mins from Ubud and the hotel offers a free shuttle service which is great. There isn't a huge amount to do there though. It's not brilliantly placed if you want to walk down the road and grab a bite outside of the hotel though
. The hotel really does offer more than most with an optional itinirary of things to do when you arrive at the hotel like a tour of the gardens or traditional balinese dance show. nice if you've been a bit lazy the rest of the trip

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a luxury, romantic stay plus the rooms are not actaully that badly priced for what you get. It's just the food and drink that is expensive but it's to be expected

Room Tip: We loved our duplex king suite, the villas are also a long way from the main hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JimbaranDenpasar, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pen this review. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at our resort.

We aim to achieve the highest standard of service and product so it is very comforting and motivating to read comments such as yours. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed the service from our dedicated staff including the fact that they spoke good English, the design of the duplex suite you stayed in as well as the many activities we have in place for our guests.

I am however disappointed to hear that you felt "the food selection on the menu is slightly limited" and will address this with my Food and Beverage team.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Bali.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Jan '13 for four nights.

As commented elsewhere visually a stunning hotel, great location, outstanding hotel grounds and superbly appointed individual rooms all supported by good service.

The criticism comes on the attention to detail, my room had a constant damp feel with a bad odour and any chance I sat outside in the living area. The room also had a real problem with flies, small fire fly like files that apparently were not an issue in other villas. Finally this resort is not cheap, there may well be better value options delivering the same or better standards elsewhere on the island.

Ending on a positive the staff, wherever they were, delivered consistently high levels of service, well done.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!