“Excellent FS property. Ideal place to unwind!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Fourth Night!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sayan
Singapore
“Excellent FS property. Ideal place to unwind!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days and had a wonderful time at the FS. Ubud by default has a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere and FS took that to its core and build this property/service around that and I think they have nailed it.

We have been to Bali/Ubud numerous times and stayed at some very nice resorts and hence we are very picky when it comes to resorts in Bali and when we walked out of there with nothing but praise in all aspects for this resort.

The resort is located in an incredible spot. Perched above the ayung river and comes with all combined mountain view, river side view and rice terrace view. One of the few resorts in Ubud that offers all of them together. The architecture of the building was really something to talk about, since it is modern but keeping the Balinese style architecture in it as well. The entrance of the resort was simply stunning, with the bridge that connects between entrance and the lobby.

We stayed at the suite and we felt that was almost as big as villas in certain other resorts. It came with split level with living room, balcony in the first level and bedroom and bathroom on the second level. It was very spacious for a suite room and I felt for the price, it was a great deal. The Balinese furnisings in the room was done in an eloquent FS touch.

One thing that stood out from the rest is the service, which was gracious, efficient and staff goes above and beyond. When we went to the pool once, it was quiet sunny and hot and the staff observed that we struggled with it and came in and took the umbrella from the next chair and put it together with ours to make more shade for us. That’s without even us asking them. The service staff at the restaurant was attentive, and efficient and was always with a smile for your request.

We tried both the restaurants and thought the food was great. The Balinese dishes was some of the best we have had in Bali and do try their wood fired pizza by the pool side, it was so yummy.

We had a Spa treatment at one of the spa villas and I would highly recommend going for the spa villa. The surroundings near the spa villa was very peaceful with trees all around and a great vibe for a nice relaxing treatment. The treatment was great and the staff was incredible too.

I went for a run every day on their jogging trail and that is not an easy jogging trail with ups and downs, it was a challenging trail but I loved running outside with fresh air and beautiful surroundings. Their gym as well is well equipped with nice equipment and do take advantage of their free sunrise/sunset yoga classes.

They also have Balinese dance at the lobby three times a week. It was a solid 1 hour performance and it was a very professional performance and an enjoyable performance.

We have stayed at FS Jimbaran on a previous occasion and I was trying to compare them both to decide which one is better, but both of them are equally good in their own ways with Jimbaran offering beautiful sea view location and Sayan offering peaceful mountainside view and both with the same level of service.

Yes you do pay on the high end for all this, but I felt it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Try to get a villa/suite in front of the river, they look really stunning.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Is this the world's best hotel? It is for me. After the gob-smacking entry architecture, you step into your villa and stand looking for a minute or two. Decor. Space. Pool. Jungle just beyond. And the staff were amazing. Genuinely happy and eager to do everything possible for you. No need to add to other general positive reports. A few tips: Go on the jungle walk your first morning. You see and meet real Bali (you really do) .. villages, artisans, farmers, all in two hours. Ask to do some rice planting. The villas nestle in amongst rice paddies within the hotel grounds. The staff will gladly teach you how to plant rice and get you to do a paddy or two. It's fun. Afterwards, a thirst quenching macheted coconut from the tree. The main pool is paradise along the river.Try the yoga sessions around the main elevated pond. And go to sleep listening to the sounds of a hundred exotic creatures.

Room Tip: Get a villa if you can.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I traveled to Bali solo, and started off in Kuta. But after 2 hours it was clear that was not my preferred holiday experience. Went on line and reserved a room at the Four Seasons for the next three nights.

It is hard to detail all the wonderful experiences but I will try.

-- Upon check-in I was upgraded to a villa with my own pool and indoor/outdoor shower. The room was beautiful and peaceful

-- And then there was the Four Seasons 40th anniversary celebration with the families of the staff, the children dancing and parading. What a wonderful first night that was. And my first experience of the Balinese culture I was to fall in love with.

-- The property is so lovely. I fell in love with the rice fields of Bali and the Sayan property is one large rice field, with workers tending the fields during the day. And water running everywhere. And the river. I cannot overstate the natural beauty of this place.

-- The staff. Wonderful. Attentive. Friendly.

-- The reason for my trip was my birthday. It was a beautiful place to spend my birthday and upon returning from a day at the spa, I found a lovely cake in my room. Understated and thoughtful, although I had not mentioned it was my birthday. They take care of every detail.

It was such a wonderful time, I'm heading back for my birthday next week.

(Although it says below I traveled in April 2011 it was March.)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Bali is wonderful! Staying at the Four Seasons completed this great experience. The amiable staff, the marvelous location, the pool and spa overlooking the river, the programs offered ... PERFECT!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
irvine, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for part of our honeymoon, and I absolutely loved the charm of both the hotel and of Ubud. Since it was our honeymoon, the hotel provided us with a complimentary bottle of wine along with a small cake. I was also constantly impressed with the staff, all of whom seemed to remember our names.

The hotel itself is quite charming. The hotel is a bit older, but I love the dual-level rooms (living room and 1/2 bath upstairs, bedroom and full bath downstairs), the large balcony, and the view of the river below. I also love how you feel like you're in the middle of the jungle - the hotel certainly has that feeling of seclusion.

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Four Seasons Sayan, and the one and only (minor) complaint that I have is with the billing department. My wife and I booked and pre-paid for the hotel through hotels.com. Upon checkout, the only bill I received from the Four Seasons was for (1) one meal at the hotel restaurant, and (2) transportation from the hotel to the airport. However, upon returning home, I learned that my credit card had been inadvertently charged for the cost of our rooms.

Four Seasons worked with me to ensure that I received a refund for this inadvertent charge. However, it took them over a month (and several follow-ups from me) to get my refund. Despite the amount of time that it took to resolve this issue, I did appreciate their helpfulness in getting this matter resolved.

Overall, I was happy with my stay and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here very briefly but the personal touch by the GM of the hotel who took time to introduce herself and take a coffee with me at breakfast.

You know the four seasons are some of the best hotels in the world but these small touches by their senior management and beautiful hotels, location and service is what keeps them at the top of the charts.

Well done 4 seasons and thanks you to the GM she's the star in the crown jewels that is undisputed

• Stayed February 2012
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed 3 Nights and worth every penny of it (you would need a lot of it :)) Very quiet and peaceful. Staff were very friendly and attentive. On our arrival in Bali our bags were unfortunately delayed by the airline and we had to travel to Sayan with the clothes on our back. At the security checkpoint at the Resort the guard was inquiring about our lack of luggage and we told him what had happened. While checking-in the Asst Manager came out with emergency clothing! Most of the staff addressed you by name. The Spa was excellent! Will make an effort to visit the Resort again in the future !

Room Tip: If choosing a Villa (with private pool) try the river villas. The sound of the Ayung river is soothi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan? Share your experiences!