Arabian Inn – for “HOSPITALITY PLUS”
My wife and I stayed at the guest house for 4 days to tour Muscat. The hotel is a convenient 15 minute drive from the airport (no rush hour) with ample parking outside the property. We felt like real guests on arrival by the owners Pinky & Hilal. We got a great room with full washroom on the third floor with AC, fan, fridge and flat screen satellite TV. It is all bright & sparkling clean!
The rooms and house are impeccably clean, tidy and all new. While we did not opt for breakfast, we did have fresh coffee every morning. It gave us a chance to catch up on the emails & news via wireless internet. This was not always at “5 bars” by worked most of the time. The big plus is good AirCon all the time in this hot location.
Pinky & Hilal are true ambassadors of the city & country. They provided us with invaluable tips on where to go & what to see. Plus of course, good driving directions as I did not take a GPS for my rental car. And in hindsight that was an ok decision. It is fun getting lost … sometimes. Their hospitality extended to an EID welcome party on the rood deck. This is a great spot to enjoy a drink after sundown.
The Guest House is a perfect location to catch all the highlights in Muscat. And we did most of them from the Grand Mosque to the Shangri La Resort (for beach), Grand Shopping Mall, most big hotels (for drinks), Consulate sector, Palace, Mutra Suq, Corniche but we missed the Opera House. It is a great city to explore. And you must eat at the local restaurants ! Even check out the HyperMarche.
We then took off in country to Sur, Jebel Sham & Nizwa only to return to the Arabian Inn again for another couple of nights before returning to Canada. It was an incredible driving holiday with over 1700 + kms in our little sedan rental from Europe Auto Car Rental.
• Amazing hospitality & accommodation at the Arabian Inn
• Omani men & women are very cordial & kind people
• Muscat is the cleanest city that I have EVER visited & equally safe
• Amazing restaurant just down the street from the Inn (Turkish & Fish Restaurant)
• Incredible roads & infrastructure (signage, gas station& lots of round-a-bouts)
• Stay a couple of days in Jebel Sham in the mountains as it is a must experience
• The NIZWA Fort and Souks are a treat as well
• Lastly, great food everywhere
Pinky is great with correspondence so ask her lots of questions. Payment was easy via PayPal for the deposits & then onsite with cash.
Arabian Inn has our 110% endorsement.
Drop me a note if you have any questions Safe Travels Mike
- Also Known As:
- The Arabian Inn Oman/Azaiba