“Best Zip Lining you can do” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 attractions in Orocovis
Attraction Details
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best Zip Lining you can do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

great staff and zip lines of great quality. there is some extended waiting around when getting picked up from hotels and dropped off. lunch they offer is sandwiches. you end up eating lunch around 230 pm so eat up at breakfast or bring a granola bar with you. the BEAST zipline is a little over rated. second longest zip line the the world but traveling face down , you do not get to see much, hard to hold your head up to see in front of you. Of the 8 zipline tour, zipline #8 was the best.

Visited September 2013
Albert Y, Owner at Toro Verde Zipline Tours, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is greatly appreciated. Your comments and concerns will be taken into consideration to help make everyone's experience a memorable one.

Newton, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“A great way to view Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My 12 year-old son and I did the 8 zip line tour. (He was about 10 lbs too light for La Bestia). I was worried that not being able to do the Beast would leave us disappointed. Wrong. The 8 zip lines were great! The view is fantastic and, unlike some zip line tours, none of the 8 are little 'training zip lines.' Zip #1 was high and fast and fun!
I was very impressed with the safety practices. The staff attach and detach all equipment and no one goes down the zip line until the previous person has reached the next platform. Even more impressive, each zip line is actually two independent steel cables. So, even in the extremely unlikely event that a cable should break (we were told that they're each rated for 10,000 lbs) you're still attached to a second cable.
(When you're hundreds of feet above the ground, this is a comforting thought.)
My only suggestion would be to ensure that all staff are bi-lingual and can speak English. Our tour guides had only a limited English vocabulary, but it really wasn't a problem.
For those who aren't familiar with the roads in the mountainous area of Puerto Rico the drive to the facility can be a little exciting as well. Sharp hairpin turns up and down on a road that can barely fit two vehicles. It was fun, but it helps if you have a car that has an auto/manual transmission as i would frequently shift between 1st and 2nd gear.

Visited August 2013

Miramar Beach, FL
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We chose the 8 zipline tour + the Beast. It was an experience I will never forget. Amazing views. A lot of locals seem to chose to do just the Beast. The 8 gave us time enjoy the beautiful scenery. The guides where personable and joked a lot with us, as well as being professional and helpful.

Visited May 2013

Tomball, Texas
“Really FUN!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was an absolute must do if you are in Puerto Rico!! My husband, son & myself did the 8 course zipline with "La Bestia" which thankfully my son skipped. My son is high functioning autistic & really didn't want to do it. We agreed that he could skip the beast & he was fine after he realized he was safe. He really enjoyed it & was his highlight of the trip. Brags about it now. The staff was very patient & nice with all of us. I loved Jerry our driver! He was entertaining & informative about Puerto Rico! He brought us a Fantastic lunch. I do think it took a really long time to get harnessed & that put us behind schedule. The buses ac was broke but we sat in the front so it wasn't that bad. Take your tennis shoes is about the most important tip I could give! I will say that they need better staff on the beast because the guy threw the brake way to late & the line hit me against my neck, shoulder & arm REALLY HARD then spun me around & SCARED the crap out of me. They should maybe put someone more experienced on the beast. I had a bruise & sore but other than that the Beast was AMAZING!!

Visited June 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

787-944-1195
“Professional, safe, and FUN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My son and I chose the combo package (8 zip lines + the beast), which was a great deal. The provided transportation to and from was easy and convenient. Much better than driving it yourself. Our driver was entertaining and informative and made the trip interesting. The staff was friendly, helpful, and fun. A suggestion for improvement would be to limit group size. Our group had 20 people which caused a lot of waiting between zip lines. A delicious meal is included; however, it was not served until 2:00 or 3:00 pm. So, you might consider bringing a snack or purchasing something at the snack bar (available after zip line #8).

Visited June 2013