“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Orocovis
More attraction details
Owner description: Now you can visit the longest zipline in the Western Hemisphere right in the Caribbean,no passport needed! Comeand spend a full day in the middle of lush tropical settings. Here you can hang from a cable thousands of feet up in the air, climb a mountain, and ride our world class mountain bike trail at Marla Streb's Singletrack Jungle!There's fun for everyone, kids, teens and adults.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went for a long weekend to San Juan this past weekend and our adventure outing was between zip-line at Toro Verde, parasailing off Isla Verde or kayaking one of the glowing bays.

We decided to go Toro Verde as it would get us out of the city and neither of us has zip-lined before. Definitely the right decision.

We opted for the combination that included 8 zip lines plus The Beast. At our time of booking it was $125/per person + tax. From the drive up, to the view from the main building, to the zip-line experience it was worth every cent.

The zip-lines don't build up from 1-The Beast. They seemed to have varied in height, length and speed until the one right before The Beast. If it is your first go at zip-lining you will be grinning ear to ear from the first line.

The guides are extremely friendly and were willing to answer any questions we had and seemed to have a very good time doing their job. Not to mention we had a couple guides on our trip that were not too hard on the eyes. :)

The only cautions I will throw out there.

1) Try to book before the last day of your vacation. We booked Sunday when our flight was leaving Monday, weather was horrendous when we arrived and they do not offer partial/full refunds, only rainchecks. Luckily the weather cleared up for us within 30-45 minutes and our tour went off without a hitch. Originally they told us we had to take a raincheck as the tour would not go when the weather was bad.

2) Prepare to do mild/moderate hiking. The majority of the zip-lines have the end/start platforms right by each other. There was 1/4 mile hike to the first platform from the main building. Then from I believe #7-#8 zip there was a 1/4 mile uphill stair hike that can be taxing. Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to get a workout.

3) Be prepared to get muddy if it has been raining or recently rained. It's an outdoor adventure park so this is a given - just want to give a heads up to the unprepared.

4) When getting off zip #8 and going to The Beast, don't just hop on the bus/truck when they tell you to take your gear off. We left the platform right by the transport truck and guys told us to take our gear off which we wrongly assumed meant get on the truck to go to The Beast. Well we ended up back at the main building because there was ZERO communication on what we needed to do. They had to make a special trip to get us back down to The Beast.

I will say after our #4 experience they went out of their way to get us back to where we needed to be, it was obnoxious that there was no communication on what to do at the end of Zip #8 but they made up for it.

A+ recommended. I will not hesitate to go to Toro Verde again when we make it back next year. This was the highlight of our short 4 day vacation to Puerto Rico.

Visited October 2012

“Awesome place, everyone should go!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to Toro Verde after seeing the advertisement on a magazine in PR! We are here on our honeymoon and wanted to try different things! It was our first time doing anything like this! My husband is visually impaired and his vision is VERY limited. The staff at Toro Verde (especially our guides Luis and Hiram) were AWESOME!!!! They were very attentive to my husband and I and made sure our tour was fun, safe, and unforgettable!!!!! I will always remember this place and the awesome treatment we received! We also want to mention the manager Emanuel who allowed us to participate understanding that my husband's disability did not have to stop him from enjoying this unforgettable experiences!!! We loved it!!!!

Rapid City, South Dakota
6 attraction reviews
“Overcoming a fear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our daughter and son-n-law gave my wife and I a cruise to the islands and this was our first stop. I have a fear of heights, but this was something I wanted to overcome. My wife was as nervous as I was. The crew made us feel safe and before we knew it we were zipling. Unlucky for us the weather turned bad and we did not get to finish the ride. The heavy rain made it a truely unique experience. Odd as it sounds we enjoyed it.

Visited April 2012
“The highlight of an already amazing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I did the Zipline+Beast tour last weekend and it was simply amazing. The views were spectacular, second only to the thrill you get while zipping through the forest. Our guides were tremendous and knowledgeable. Overall an incredible experience. It was totally worth the 1 hr+ drive and admission fee. We're definitely going back next time we're in PR.

Visited September 2012
Barceloneta, Puerto Rico
3 attraction reviews
“Great Zipline experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thaey have an eight zipline course inbetween the mountains on the vast grounds of Toro Verde. I have gone twice, first time with my wife and the second time with a group of friends. Both times we had a blast. TIP: Go to the bathroom before starting the zipline tour because there are no restrooms on the way AND TAKE A BOTTLE OF WATER. No place to buy food or drinks once on the zipline course. Other than that the guides are informed and can ask questions about the area. They even gave a recomendation of where to eat, that was a great local place and a minute away from the exit of Toro Verde

Visited September 2012