“A truly unique experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Topaz
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous Cooking School on the Atherton Tablelands in tropical north Queensland overlooking Queensland's two highest mountains.
Cairns, Australia
“A truly unique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have attended two of the cooking classes at Rainforest Bounty Cooking School (in 2011 and 2012). Both were fantastic and I really enjoyed the experiences. The setting at Rainforest Bounty Cooking School is truly serene. Beautiful views, crisp fresh air, a wonderful orchard to roam through and explore, gorgeous chocolate Labradors to greet you and very cute ducklings wandering around. Geraldine does an amazing job in explaining the fruits of the orchard and then the most exciting part is getting to use those ingredients and the beautiful Rainforest Bounty condiments to create a delicious lunch. I would thoroughly recommend this experience and I am very keen to visit during winter.

Visited April 2012

Babinda, Australia
“From garden to gourmet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Thank you, Geraldine, for a great day. It was my first cooking school experience and I would love to do it again. I really loved how you took us into the garden to gather the ingredients to cook with. It was a lovely way to start chatting to our fellow chefs for the day. And cooking with a friend was a new experience for me, too! And then we got to eat the wonderful dishes!! What better way to spend a weekend? Will certainly recommend you.

Visited January 2013
Cairns
“Learn from the locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've spent two very enjoyable days cooking Vietnamese and middle eastern cuisine at rainforest bounty on the atherton tablelands near cairns, Australia. Our host had an encyclopedic knowledge of plants, especially the ground-breaking rainforest fruits which are used in the classes. It was great to learn so much from local experts about this beautiful and unique part of Australia.

Visited October 2012
“Great fun and a great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The recipes we learned to cook were fantastic..we toured Geraldine's property, learned about tropical fruits and vegetables...and then got cooking, eating and having some laughs....a great experience on the Atherton Tablelands, Queensland

Malanda
“Lovely experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It's a whole-day experience attending a cooking class at Rainforest Bounty... Listening to tales of travel and food, touring the garden and farm, stopping to harvest for the feast! And then into the delightful kitchen to create simple dishes more full of flavour than anything I have cooked before!

Sharing the various dishes, and more tales and laughs, over a generous lunch and drinks was the highlight of each class. At each class I met a variety of interesting and lovely people of all ages.

I have been to three different cooking classes so far, and intend to return for more! I have been using the recipes at home and have adapted them to suit our family. I now know more tricks with spices and textures than before and my cooking has improved overall.

Highly recommended!

Visited September 2012

Been to Rainforest Bounty Cooking School? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rainforest Bounty Cooking School, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.