“Regal Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Guildford
“Regal Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our group of 30 enjoyed a brilliant evening at the Princess Royal. This is a big place with lots of different size rooms, most of which seemed full of happy people on their Friday night out. On the west side of Farnham at the end of the Hog's Back it is easy to get to, and really worth it when you do. Wide menu selection, good choice of beers and wines...and we all enjoyed our meal, even our resident whinger veggie. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“How not to deal with a complaint..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went with my family for a Sunday Lunch and although the Roast Pork and vegetables were acceptable, ( steamed but an odd selection and not the usual accompaniment ) the Lamb was extremely fatty and with little meat. When asked if our meal was ok the waitress sharply responded in relation to the lamb " Nothing we can do about it, that's how it comes in from the Butcher!" and walked away
My wife and son commented" That wasnt the right answer " I said to my wife dont worry she will come back with an explanation and probably offer a complimentary dessert or coffee, but that was the end of the matter as far as she was concerned..
Maybe it was bad day for her, but we noticed the restaurant was particularly quiet for a Sunday , and we begin to wonder why.
TIme for a wake up call here I think, staff training and enhanced customer service needs to be on the agenda here, definitely in need of some serious management input

Tania Irwin I, Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dining experience with us on Sunday.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not happy with how your complaint was dealt with by your waitress. We like to ensure that all guests have a pleasant experience and if for some reason they are not happy we do try to rectify this at the time. I can only apologise with how this was handled and will ensure that my team are passing on the information to the Duty Manager and that situations are handled appropriatley as an when they may arise.

I will take your comments on board and look into this and hope to see you again soon so that we can restore your faith in us. Without guests feedback we cannot contiue to improve our service and customer experience.

Regards

Tania Irwin
Manager
East Sussex UK
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and had a fantastic time. The staff were very attentive and the food was great. Rooms in the hotel were well equipt and clean. Good value for money! Will go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very good food and Friendly, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Three of us arrived for a late Saturday lunch, just mains. The restaurant/bar area was full but a table was soon vacated, although helpful staff had offered us seating in a large dining room that had been booked for a later function.
Food is very good pub grub, perfectly cooked. My wife enjoys a Liver dish, but has given up ordering when eating out as the results have always been way below par. Except on this occasion where it was cooked and served to perfection. A Root Vegetable Salad and delicious Burger (from a not-that-mad-about-burger person) with chunky chips were the other meals, again lovely food cooked just right.
A limited but varied menu with a daily special, prices are around average, ample parking and warm atmosphere.
We'll definitely visit again.

Tania Irwin I, Manager at The Princess Royal, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Good afternoon John

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent dining experience with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your lunch with us back at the start of March. I will pass your comments on to my kitchen team who endeavour to ensure all food is served as the guests like, in which they have done with your wifes Liver, the Burger and Vegetable salad.

We look forward to seeing you all soon.

Regards

Tania Irwin
Manager
surrey
“Too busy for customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Today we have been searching for a venue to hold our daughters after Christening gathering. We liked the look of this pub' and my partner got some prices per head for 30 people (standard buffet 12.99 per head)
We drove about and looked at more but went back to the Princess Royal for lunch to check it out. We ordered 2 starters 2 main 2 drinks 2 coffee's and a ciabatta pizza bread children's meal. When we got the bill it said '2 course Child's meal' £7.25. So we said to the waitress sorry but we didn't have a 2 course meal we just had the ciabatta bread, she said sorry its a 2 course meal deal which includes a drink and a desert. We were completely oblivious to this because no one had asked us what drink we wanted for our daughter or when we ordered our coffee's after our main courses did they ask what desert we wanted for Emily. So we asked if there was something that could been done with the bill as 7.25 is steep for some bread and cheese, our response was, sorry the manager is too busy with a wedding and we can't give you any money off, not even a free coffee or coke at £2. So I wouldn't recommend this pub as the customer service is rubbish, even towards people who were prepared to £390 on an afternoons function plus probably 100+ on drinks! Oh and the tiger prawns were chewy and over cooked.