“As always, a fantastic meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“As always, a fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We've eaten here quite a few times now and it has never ever disappointed! Efficient, courteous and fun service! A great menu! Quality of meals is excellent, and is always good value! A firm local favourite!

Linlithgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

2pm & looking for somewhere to have a bite to eat on my way back from a site meeting, I happened across the Robertson Arms Hotel - advertising food all day. Well prepared to make do with Burger and chips given the time of day, I was delighted to find quite a pleasent menu.
I ordered the fillet steak with a Chasseur sauce. I was one of very few in the bistro area and the gentleman at the bar served me couteously and quickly. The meal also arrived within 10 minutes and it was excellent. Fresh crisp chips in a seperate bowl, Chassuer sauce on a gravy boat and a very succulent fillet steak cooked exatly as I had requested - rare.
To find somewhere in a small village like Carnwath were at 2 in the afternoon such a feast can be served is rare - and I will definitely remember it for the future.
For passing visitors there is a samll car park and as a hotel you can always make it into an evening meal and overnight stay. If rooms are anything like the food I had they will be fit for a king.

• Visited October 2012