“E Brown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robertson Arms Hotel

You added Robertson Arms Hotel to your Saves list
Robertson Arms Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 - 16 Main Street, Carnwath, Biggar ML11 8JZ, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carnwath
Crossford, United Kingdom
“E Brown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is the friendliest place that we have been to in a long time. Great interaction with adults and kids alike. Decided at last minute to go out for meal before schools went back on the Monday.
Food is first class and very reasonable . Will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Anstruther, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had bed and breakfast here on 1/12/12. Having booked a few weeks previously two of us checked in early evening. We were given a front door key in addition to the room key which was handy as we were going to a party and expected to return in the wee small hours, this was no problem.
The room was a twin bed with bathroom with shower. Room was comfortable and clean with the bathroom being spotless.
After a good nights sleep we had a nice cooked breakfast served by friendly staff.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Angus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

9 of us arrived for a drink - the place was empty. We decided to order some food and the manager actually shouted at me as he was taking the orders as I had caused him to get mixed up with the order. He complained that he had a lot of bookings for that night and three of his staff had not turned up - not my concern! He ignored us and other customers when they waited to be served and also when we tried to strike up a conversation with him. I sensed that he probably had a dry sense of humour that he could probably use to more effect and although his shouting escapade had me in hysterics - it was more out of sheer disbelief at his unique brand of customer service than his attempt at humour. Later, other staff arrived and they seemed really friendly and professional and the food was excellent. A shame because I would not choose to spend money there again unless just to watch a real "Basil Faulty" in action.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
janice770, Owner at Robertson Arms Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I am disappointed you did not enjoy your visit for drinks and a bite to eat.
The Bistro was empty as it was the time between afternoon tea and dinner.
Three members of staff where about to arrive for the busy evening service.
Two of your party left very favourable comments on our cards which we provided for guests to rate their dining experience before leaving. Quote " lovely friendly welcome, approachable and attentive service with a friendly smile" When asked for a mark of zero to ten ( where ten is the highest) for customer service 12 was entered.
Once again I apologise if any offence was caused during the taking of your order. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the dishes you chose.
Janice Henderson
Owner
Lanark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This family run village hotel is a real find. They serve not only superb bistro food but also fine dining with really original dishes in the very attractive dining room.

This small hotel has just been placed inthe top three hotels in Great Britain for Best Service and they really deserve this.

They have 7 double rooms and 2 singles which are al en suite and decorated to the highest standard. If you are looking for a comfortable room and good food, this is the place.

I recently stayed ther with family on holiday from America and we were all delighted.

Room Tip: Any room would be satisfactory.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a lovely meal at Roberston Arms once again, we were with friends who enjoyed their visit too !!
Food well presented, and lovely, also terrific selection to suit all on the menu.
We were in the Bistro due to the main dining room being refurbished, it was very cosy, quaint and with a wood burning stove, staff very friendly and so helpful.
Definately one of our "family" favourites - well worth a visit to lovely Robertson Arms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I dont have to say much, but it was a good nights stay. The food was excellent, never been before and they were really friendly as though we had been there before, will visit again. The best steak and ale pie ever.........................LOVED IT!!!!!!! Thank you

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Peebles for a weekend break, first impressions on the outside were great, on entering it was quaint, we made our way to the lounge at the back where OAPs were taking full advantage of rge fayre on offer. e stood t the bar to be served we asked for a menu and decided to look through it the landlord stoop patciantly staring until we made our mind up, I ordered BTL my wife ordered a tuna sandwich, I ordered tea my wife ordered coffee, there it started, what kind of coffee he snapped, erm can I I erm have a latte, do you want milk on the side or white coffee? erm just latte white please.
We sat in the front lounge, my wife asked for the toilets and he pointed.
The service wasnt too bad but I lost count on the times we thanked him and he didnt respond once.
My BLT sandwich could have been so much better it was on a toasted bagguete, toasted I think because it was frozen or simply ot fresh , an nice bit of fresh bread would have made it much better, no complaints from my wife on the tuna.
just sort out the PR!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Robertson Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!