“Our weekly restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lims Kitchen

Lims Kitchen
Cnr King St & The Esplanade, Warners Bay, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2282, Australia
(02) 4948 7593
Dining options: Reservations
Newcastle,
“Our weekly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Lims is so good we come every week. The food is excellent. The person that came in march must have not booked as this restaurant can be very busy......book in advance and you will not be disappointed with the food or the service. We have never had a bad meal......and we have been hundred of times.

Visited June 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was recommended by the hotel I was staying at - I loved the duck in Peking sauce, sensational. did not experience the "service" so to speak as I got take away and had it back at the hotel.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Horrific service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've never written a negative review of anywhere in my life, but the appallingly rude service we had at this restaurant is making me break my positive reviews streak. I can't say anything about the food, as we didn't make it far enough inside to taste it. When we entered the restaurant, the woman at the counter looked at us in contempt and ignored us for several minutes. Finally asked "Yes, what do you want." We asked politely for a table for two. She sighed heavily and didn't reply. Started messing around with receipts. I thought for a minute she was going to tell us they were fully booked and turn us away, but there was only one table of customers, so that would have been preposterous. She eventually grabbed some menus, said "OK come on." And walked towards a table right next to the register, dropped the menus and walked away without a word. Her whole attitude was so contemptuous that I literally would not have been surprised if she started spitting at us. We decided at this point that we didn't much care to give her any of our hard earned money. Another customer who was sitting there waiting to pick up take out heard us talking and chimed in that he would leave too if he hadn't already paid. Hideous, appalling woman who shouldn't be allowed to serve the public.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Take away food - lovely, will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Haven't eaten in at the restaurant, and have only picked up the take away but from what I can see, it's all good....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Macquarie
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The wonderful hosts at Lims Kitchen have operated this malaysian / chinese restaurant in Warners Bay for over 3 decades. The food is always excellent, and certainly a couple of steps above the 'standard chinese fare. Lims has a devoted following of locals who keep coming back for what I consider to be one of the best in the whole Hunter region. If in the area, don't hesitate to visit, but ensure you book at weekends as it can get very busy.

• Visited June 2012