“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tantarra Bed & Breakfast

You added Tantarra Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Tantarra Bed & Breakfast
119 Bayview Street, Warners Bay, Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 2282, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Warners Bay B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

My husband myself and our dog stayed at Tantarra for three nights in March. It was peaceful and relaxing and I can highly recommend the day bed by the pool. Our dog loved sniffing around the garden and the pool. The room was fantastic and the bed so comfortable. The breakfast each morning which Kim and Serena cooked for us was wonderful. Plenty of choices and so yummy.

I would hughly recommend Tantarra to anyone looking for someone to stay in the Newcastle Area.

Room Tip: We had the room that opened onto the pool. Highly recommended
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary getaway and we were not disappointed. We also had our pug with us and he enjoyed himself immensely! There was a lovely little garden near the pool where he kept himself entertained (and did his 'business'). We highly recommend the Shambala suite as we had complete privacy and had a breakfast room with a kitchenette area to heat up food and make tea and coffee. That suite is also closest to the pool, which was just perfect on a hot November's day! Breakfast was divine - we especially loved the Tantarra Pancake Stack - soooo yummy!! Thank you Kim & Serena for making our stay so special and memorable! We hope to visit again soon!!

• Stayed November 2011
Tantarra, Owner at Tantarra Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed two peaceful and relaxing nights in the Shambala suite. The room was large, spacious and tastefully decorated. The bed large and comfortable and the bathroom nicely appointed.

The hosts were friendly, helpful and unintrusive. The breakfast omelette the best I've ever tasted. A huge thanks to the hosts, who provided us with the perfect setting to unwind and enjoy our last few days in Australia.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The room was smaller than I thought it would be from the photos but very comfortable and well appointed. My room opened onto a kitchenette/sitting room shared with another couple so very good if you are travelling with friends but perhaps not if you are planning on romance.
The pool area is sublime and I would book in to stay in the room facing onto this area if my partner was with me as it is just gorgeous. Breakfast was great, hosts lovely.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with others get the rooms that share a sitting room. For a romantic experienc...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tantarra, Owner at Tantarra Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thankyou for your review. When we have single travellers they tend to [understandably] ask or require the most economical room. This also applies to businesses who book for their staff. We are a traditional and pet friendly Bed and Breakfast and do not exclusively promote or cater to the "romantic". We have a range of accommodation to suit - as best as we can - a wide range of "reasons to stay" - offering to all - regardless of their reason a comfortable bed, a hearty breakfast and a garden escape reminiscent of the "East".
Orange, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed at Tantarra for four nights from 4 - 7th July and found the service excellent. Hosts Kim and Sarina were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely stay again!!

The setting was beautiful, surrounded by a tropical themed gardens. The B&B is also pet friendly if you want to take your pets with you.

The room was spacious and well appointed and included wireless internet.

Handy to all amenities, close to shops & dining options, short drive tobeautiful Warner's Bay.

Best of all is the massive breakfast - full menu and yum!

Our Tips:
- Don't miss the great breakfast (Try a different one every morning) Omelette was the best!!
- Have a light lunch and go to Warner's Bay Hotel for one of their massive meals - cheap and tasty

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I stayed here for a single night ahead of the Lake Macquarie Half Marathon in August. Serena was a pleasure to deal with by phone and email ahead of time, and made me feel welcome when I arrived. I found the room I was given very comfortable: nicely decorated, well lit with natural light from a skylight, and with a small but well appointed ensuite. I told Serena ahead of time that I would not be able to take advantage of the usual breakfast because I would be running in the morning, so she made sure I had bread, a toaster and honey in my room the night before so I could have a small meal early, and then she brought me a plate of fresh fruit when I returned from my run the next morning, which was very considerate. The bed was comfortable and I had a great night's sleep, which is the main thing you want before a race. You can't please everyone, of course, and while pet owners no doubt enjoy having their 'extended family' with them on holiday, I personally would prefer not to smell 'wet dog' in the guest foyer area. However the dogs sharing the guest quarters were at least all quiet, which I appreciated. Given the time of year and my reason for travel, I didn't make use of the pool or garden, but they both looked very nice. I enjoyed my stay, would definitely recommend it and would stay here again; in fact, I have it in mind as a potential getaway for myself and my husband at some future date.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Have stayed in a number of B&Bs now. The service here was pretty basic but reasonable. The room was tiny - the photography and description on the website made it look enormous, but unfortunately there were no other reviews so we entered into it blind and it failed to deliver. The overall set-up feels more like a house in busy suburbia than a cosey retreat. There is also very few restaurants around there, though we managed to discover Awaba House which was an absolute diamond in the rough and made the trip worthwhile. Overall the room and atmosphere was friendly and comfortable but felt much more like a Motel than a B&B - seems to be good for people travelling with pets and breakfast was surprisingly good but if you are after a romantic getaway this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sinny00, owner at Tantarra Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Thank you for your review. We welcome responses both positive and negative as tools toward learning and growth to make Tantarra the very best it can be. Sadly, we were not notified of your disappointment at the time. Tantarra is absolutely set on 1/2 an acre in busy suburbia within just a few minutes of the lake. It's setting was designed , however, as a place of harmony where guests could feel as though they had arrived [with or without pets] in Byron Bay with its easy, relaxed atmosphere. As a result and unfortunately, we were not able to provide you with the romantic ideal that you were looking for. We were not able to accommodate you on that night in one of our larger rooms but do take on board the necessity to make sure of reasons for guests stay and to accommodate if possible more appropriately. With your arrival for one night at 5 p.m it was quite possibly too late for a restaurant booking on our local waterfront esplanade. We will continue to upgrade and implement changes where necessary and again thank you for your comment.

Been to Tantarra Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!