“Modern, Bright, & Welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Birchill Bed & Breakfast
Marine Drive | Highway #7, Sherbrooke, Nova Scotia B0J 2A0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Sherbrooke B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Modern, Bright, & Welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I must admit, I picked this B&B because it wasn’t a 100+ year old farm house. As my 2 week trip wrapped up, I wanted a fresh room, floors that didn’t squeak, and modern plumbing. I got this and more. The owners had that special warmth I’ve found throughout Nova Scotia & New Brunswick, that made me immediately feel welcome and at ease. Breakfast was excellent and my large ground floor room allowed me plenty of space to unload my car and get myself sorted for the trip home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I enjoyed a relaxing night at Birchill Bed and Breakfast and waited out a heavy downpour. I would have loved to have seen it in the sunshine!

The Birchill was a lovely family home and I enjoyed getting to know the hosts.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

After a two night stay this Bed&Breakfast I have to say that it was one of the best places we stayed on our two week trip around Nova Scotia. The hosts (a younger couple) were fantastic, meeting us outside as soon as we arrived. After enjoying a cup of coffee, and spent time walking around their lovely yard, and taking pictures of their on site fish pond. There are two Bed&Breakfast rooms, located in the basement of the house, with private entrance to each room from the ground level. The rooms are spacious, and beautifully decorated. I found the rooms, and bathrooms to be very very clean, and well kept up. The tiled shower in the Room #2 bathroom is amazing!
Me and my husband slept great at night, and woke up early to take in all the sites around the community. It was also great waking up each morning to a yummy full breakfast (we had the pancakes, and they were awesome!) and the host was very friendly, and we had great conversation with her.

We had a great two day stay here, and would recommend it to anyone traveling in Nova Scotia.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed here for 1 night as I was on my way up to Cape Breton. Lucky that I had to leave early in the morning, as I cannot recommend to stay here at all. The rooms itself would have been nice, if only they were not so dark and if they were clean at all. Both guest rooms have their own entry, but there were lots of ants on the inner side of the door. The bed was humid and the room smelt musty. It was also very loud as the hosts and their kids live upstairs and made lost of noise. I also heared some kind of washing machine all night long. I didn't feel well there at all, and due to the noise I nearly got no slepp.

One thing that was positive about it was the delicious breakfast. I liked the homemade pancakes, fresh fruit and watching the hummingbirds in the morning.

The hosts received their permission to run the B&B in early spring 2010. I don't understand why it was so dirty and muggy. Also, they must have seen the ant colony inside the room. Anyway, I hope this changes and that other travellers have better things to tell about this B&B. I would never ever stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Birchill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!