“Simple excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moyy Mini Otel

Moyy Mini Otel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camlihemsin
Moyy Mini Otel
You added Moyy Mini Otel to your Saves list
Merkez Mahallesi Inonu Caddesi 35, Camlihemsin, Turkey   |
London, United Kingdom
“Simple excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Beautifully restored Turkish house, run by two sisters who have blended traditional rural Turkish style with western taste. Everything is done simply, and excellently.

Natural materials, wood burning stove for warmth, dining table made of an old oak door, bedroom curtains held up by clips, single glazed window looking onto roaring river. Delicious food: no menu, you eat what they've cooked.

Disagree with earlier reviewer, the girls weren't cold; we found them naturally reserved while friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The location for this hotel is wonderful , it's near the river .
But the rooms are terrible , you barely breath inside. And you cannot open the window because the insects will go inside ( there is no tools to prevent them) . Also the room's smell is terrible. We could not found the food that we need , since in that day , there is only sea food . The city itself is crowded and disturbing . I did not recommend for newly married .

• Stayed September 2013
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at Mini Moyy on a recommendation of a friend. I was really "wowed' by it all at first. It is super fashionable, really artistic and amazingly restored. Places like this are still quite a novelty in Turkey (from my experience). The whole organic/eco nature of it was really commendable.
The location and view from the back is also gorgeous. I think Firtina Valley is one of the most beautiful places Ive been to in the whole country. Utterly breathtaking.

The food is excellent too, lovely breakfast, and the main sitting area is really cozy and inviting.
Unfortunately the one thing the hotel is lacking is warmth and a welcoming feeling - and I am afraid this is due to the slightly cold, somewhat snooty attitude of the female owners and hosts. I think people come to Turkey because of the warmth of the people, particularly small family run hotels. I have always had tremendous experiences in small hotels - those extra touches, the personal pride in the service, the feeling that one is a 'special' guest, the pride in making guests feel welcome. Not here though: I felt quite unwelcome and it changed my view of the country and the Turkish people - sorry ladies.
I felt a distinctly frosty attitude throughout our stay - even the service was somewhat lacking. I wondered if Id done something to upset them - it was that bad! which is ridiculour when youre a paying guest. I think I got one smile and even then it was somewhat forced.
Many a time I got up to help myself or ask for a coffee refill - I didnt mind but it felt as if that was unwelcome too and I was being judged by the owners. Worse was the fact there was no menu and hence the prices came as a surprise was somewhat unsatisfactory
eg 7 TL ie. $3.50 for a coffee at breakfast, and the costs continued for each refill!!
15TL ie $7 for a small glass of wine with dinner poured from a bottle. Why chould we not just have been offered the bottle? it felt liek some sort of controlled holiday camp. Dinner itself was nice but no scope for ordering less - again conrolled with a set meal that was about 35TL ($20 or so). I didn't like that. given its a small village you go along with it though.
The gift shop is nice but equally overpriced. ch

Overall, Id like to have given this an 'excellent'. It certainly was more than average. I might recommend it with a caveat. I tried not to get bothered by the whole price and snootiness of it and the frosty service and general feeling that one was being squeezed of every penny (the bill was also all handwritten which I didnt like, esp as who knows how much coffee and wine I was being charged for - at those stupid prices). But my companion did mind and was bothered by it.
So 'excellent' for location, decor and food and room price(which to be fair also included breakfast)
but "poor' for service, general welcome and snootiness in what was otherwise a charming, relaxed and very friendly region of the country.

Ladies of Moyy Mini- you need to be better ambassadors for your country!

Room Tip: if you don't mind loud waterfalls and the gushing river - take a back room. its gorgeous! otherw...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I Love this Otel, (Moyy Mini Otel) This quaint cozy place was peaceful, beautiful, and all the REST! The Service was Excellent. One girl particular spoke English and explained the henna on her hand. Plus treated me to a henna circle in my palm. The flowing river nearby and birds made this otel absolutely perfect. Food EXCELLENT!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

this is such a beautiful, authentic and peaceful place!
the hotel is amazing, the food is great, the nature is impressive. turkey is such amazing country and each part simply impresses you again and again. people are lovely and humble, tea fields are gorgeous!
you can also buy some arts and crafts in the small shops nearby from local ladies who knit by hand.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I had an amazing 5 days at Moyy Mini Otel! We arrived very late at night to meet the lovely Ozlem who had a feast prepared for us. Camlihemsin was a beautiful relaxing place and Moyy was perfectly located, right on the beautiful Firtina river and surrounded by the amazing forests and mountains. As well as being comfortable and homely, It is incredibly well designed and decorated, as though it was straight out of a design magazine. We ate all of our meals at Moyy, we were spoilt for choice. Every meal introduced us to something new. They were definitely the best meals we had in Turkey!

They provided us with a couple of local and very knowledgable guides (Ugur and Onur) who were amazingly friendly, helpful and informative - they tooks us into the mountains and showed us amazing sights.

We could have stayed there forever. Highly recommended, we cannot wait to come back in the very near future!

Thank you so much to Ozlem, Ozay, Idayet and all the rest!

Alice and David (Australia)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The design catches you as you enter the place and you can't believe your eyes for this kind of perfection. I prefer you test wine with very particular local goat cheese. Make sure to taste local fresh grapes in the end of summer.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Moyy Mini Otel? Share your experiences!