“Sleep but don´t eat.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barcelona
“Sleep but don´t eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The location is very good, just in front of the train station. The town center is not far away and I must say Chambery is a very pretty place to visit.

The staff was kind and pleasant. The room was good and very clean. The same applies to the bathroom. There is good water pressure in the shower.
The room has a boiler and a safe. The lights are well placed so it is not dark.

The very negative point is the price of their breakfast and what they give. Coming from another Mercure that charged me 19 € for an excellent and various breakfast, I just walked away when I saw the offer of breakfast of this hotel - for 18,90 €! Oh, and they charge you 5 € for a beer. A complete rip-off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1541, Directeur général at Mercure Chambery Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good morning
and thank you for your comments that I transfer to my team.
I have taken note of your dissatisfaction with breakfast and I'm very sorry.
I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you at a future stay with us.
With my best regards,
Benoît Majorel, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Castleisland, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

2 night stay after few days skiing in Les Arcs. Great location opposite main train station and easy walk to all attractions in Chambery. Rooms good size and deals to be had including breakfast if you book at the right time and pay in advance. Advertised as having bathtub and air conditioning but has neither. Rooms upgraded with new showers so bath taken out. Air conditioning not switched on til May. Manager very apologetic and knocked 20% off. Would definitely stay again as Chambery very pretty and good clean hotel. On site Savoyard restaurant which looks nice but didn't try. Breakfast excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1541, Directeur général at Mercure Chambery Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your comments.
We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel, its location and our buffet breakfast.
Indeed after renovating all rooms we offer showers. As agreed we are amending the specification on line. Thank you for your remark.
As discussed we do provide air conditioning during summer and heating in winter. Unfortunately our system does not allow us to connect both simultaneously.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here about 15 months ago, again on the way to the Alps. The hotel is easy to get to from the motorway and is walking distance to the restaurants and bars of the town centre. It does not have a restaurant although there is one next door and pasta dishes are served in the bar. We treated ourselves to a "privilege room" which just has a few extras such as a Nespresso machine and towelling robes. Everywhere was very clean and well maintained. A plus point if you're travelling is the underground garage (paid) so you don't have to worry about luggage on view - the parking places are quite small so there is a bit of manouevring to be done. If you plan to have breakfast book it when you book the hotel as it's more expensive if not pre-booked. It's not the greatest value but it is easy and quite pleasant. There is a cheaper option in the bar.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1541, Directeur général at Mercure Chambery Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We thank you very much for your comments and ratings.
Your remarks encourage us and allow us to continually improve our service and services for greater customer satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you again !
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were a group of 4 adults and stayed in 2 rooms. The final night of our 2 night stay, I went to my room and on opening my luggage discovered that my jewellery box had been stolen. The box was inside an internal compartment of my suitcase which was closed and underneath another suitcase. The hotel staff asked us not to contact the police, saying that the manager would investigate in the morning and then he would call the police. As it turned out by the time he spoke to us it was too late to take further action as we had to leave for the airport. I was very upset, but not one to make a scene, I'm not sure I was actually taken seriously. I don't think the hotel handled the matter very well. They just started on about the small print and putting jewellery in the safe. There was no apology. I realise that's what should have been done, however this does not alter the fact that someone entered my room, moved one suitcase to get inside the one underneath and then rummaged through to find the box. (They may have gone through the first case as well but there was nothing of value in it) On a final note we pointed out to the hotel that the key card was not exclusive to just one room. We found that our cards opened the door to another room along the corridor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1541, Directeur général at Mercure Chambery Centre, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Sir, Madam,
First I would like to apologize regarding the strong feeling you had after our meeting. I assure you we took your complaint seriously.
That is why we have proposed to send the file to our insurance and I proposed you to go to the police to lodge a complaint.
As discussed together directly, I inform this complaint could be done from UK.
As we kept in touch you know that after investigation we do not have anything wrong to be reported.
No break, no suspicious entries from reading your key card magnetic lock, no suscpicious movement in the hotel.
Anyway I want to tell you we are going to set up CCTV.
Finally, please note the problem with key card magnetic lock of another room has been resolved.
Be assured we never suspected your intentions.
Hythe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed for one night as a group on our way to Italy so it was particularly close to the railway station. The accommodation was modern, comfortable and very clean. Very impressed with the tea making facilities which are very rare to find on the continent. Good selection for breakfast in very pleasant surroundings. Would certainly stay here again and would love to visit Chambery again to see more of the old town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1541, Directeur général at Mercure Chambery Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Very pleased to have contributed to the success of your stay in our beautiful city we are looking forward to welcome you again !
Directeur

Been to Mercure Chambery Centre? Share your experiences!