“Vauban c'est magnifique!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vauban

You added Hotel Vauban to your Saves list
Hotel Vauban
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Avenue General De Gaulle | 05100 Briancon, 05100 Briancon, France   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Briancon
NYC
“Vauban c'est magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

I stayed at the Vauban in May 2007, as Briancon was the setting for one of the stages of the Giro d'Italia (Italy's version of the Tour de France). Briancon is a really wonderful little town and the Alps are beautiful but let me stick to reviewing the hotel.

I booked the hotel through venere.com. We arrived very late at night, I think around 10:30 pm, because that is when our train (from Barcelona, it took forever, multiple trains) arrived. The staff were waiting for us as I emailed ahead. They checked us in and were very welcoming. We had a room with two twin beds as you can see in the photo. Unfortunately I took the picture while our room was a total mess and it doesn't show the whole room. But it was quite spacious, as was the bathroom. The bathroom was very clean as well and had a bidet (I never tried it though). It also had a balcony overlooking the street below. In the photo, the hustle and bustle is mostly due to the preparation for the race. The balcony window ledge often served as our refrigerator overnight! The hotel was very centrally located, and a supermarket was very close by, so we always bought fruit, yogurt, etc for breakfast. As a vegan, I had somewhat of a difficult time eating in town, but I got by, and there were two really good restaurants, one a creperie and other that was a couscous restaurant.

My friend and I planned to rent bikes (already prearranged) from a particular store, and were going to ride up the Col d'Izoard, one of the mountains they climb in the Tour de France. The store turned out to totally flake out on us and never answered the phone. So the hotel staff, seeing how crestfallen we were, called all around town until they found someone who would rent to us. They really went out of their way and we appreciated it immensely.

Overall, the Vauban will definitely be my hotel of choice if I ever make it back to lovely Briancon.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo

Been to Hotel Vauban? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Vauban

Address: 13 Avenue General De Gaulle | 05100 Briancon, 05100 Briancon, France
Location: France > Provence > Hautes-Alpes > Briancon
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Briancon
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Vauban 3*
Hotel Vauban is ideally situated in Briancon city center , less than 5 minutes from the railway station and less than 200 meters from the lifts Prorel , where starts Serre Chevalier ski slopes, 200 m from Briancon pool and rink and 2 minutes from the Briancon Casino Barriere. Hotel Vauban Briancon have 40 comfortable spacious rooms equipped with flat screen, Sattelite TV, Canal +, CanalSat , Iinternational channels , telephone, hairdryer , WIFI , bath or shower. All rooms have been renovated . ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Vauban reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Vauban, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.