“Best B&B I have ever stayed in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The White Horse View B&B

You added The White Horse View B&B to your Saves list
The White Horse View B&B
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Cherry Bungalow, Station Road, Shrivenham SN6 8JL, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Shrivenham B&B and Inns
“Best B&B I have ever stayed in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I have travelled all over the world and this was the most beautiful and friendly B&B I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The owners clearly take pride in their stunning property and we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

We had the family room which was spacious and beautifully decorated. It easily accomodated my uusband and I with our two children under 4. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The White Horse View B&B is the best I've ever stayed in.

I stayed in the "Ridgeway" room, and it was great with brilliant views across the countryside. Very well decorated, presented and overall incredibly clean. The games room which includes a pool table, jukebox and a bar with a few sofas was a wonderful touch, although I didn't get to spend much time using it.

Very friendly and accommodating owners and a very lovely property overall.

The bed was far too soft for my liking, however this didn't really hinder my experience.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in "The White Horse" room - you get your own private decked sea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Exmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The best short stay accomodation we have ever stopped at. Would recomend it to all. Friendly, accommodating, clean, etc, etc. We stopped between July16th and July 19th and honestly cannot fault Colin and Liz and The White Horse View B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at White Horse View B & B in the beautiful tranquil village of Shrivenham on Tuesday 3rd July 2012. On arrival I was greeted by Liz with a very warm welcome and shown our room. The room was immacutely appointed with plush bedding and pillows. The room had a beautiful modern bathroom with an excellent shower. Colin the co-owner arrived shortly after our arrival and introduced himself, again in a very welcoming, friendly and informative giving us details of local restaurants and bars and transport links. He also showed us the novel games room which had a pool table, darts board, computer with free Internet / wi-fi access, a well stocked juke box, well stocked "honesty" bar with a wide selection of beers/lagers, wine and even a bottle of bubbly for those special occasions !! A great extra touch.Breakfast the following morning was in the conservatory with a selection of cereals, fresh juice, homemade bread and a sumptuous full English with free range eggs via the hens in the garden and locally sourced sausage and bacon. A great start to the day. I would recommend this competitively priced B & B to family and friends as a real gem !!!

• Stayed July 2012
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Warm welcome, lovely spacious family room with outdoor seating, excellent breakfast. Really good!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
poole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the White Horse View B&B & Spa in January 2012 and where do I start.
Firstly the host's, Colin & Liz, could not have been more accommodating. We instantly felt right at home and our room was beautiful. We had a gorgeous deck outside the room and inside was tastefully decorated with a modern en-suite, tea & coffee making facilities and ample wardrobe space.
We were shown the games room which was there if we wanted it, complete with pool table, mini bar, music and internet access.
I personally was more interested in the Spa where I had the most amazing treatments including a facial, massage and manicure. I do use Spa's quite often but nothing compared to the whole experience that I had here and I can safely say this was all down the professionalism that Liz offers. I felt relaxed from the moment I went in and felt like a new women leaving.
Then came breakfast the following morning which had everything from cereal, toast, pastries, cooked breakfast or just coffee if you wanted. I ate like a queen and the atmosphere was so relaxing we were still there 2 hrs later. I can honestly say we didn't want to leave and wouldn't have if we didn't have to get back for work commitments. A few more nights would have been perfect.
We have already booked to go back in May and we can not wait.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My husband, son and I stayed at the White Horse View B&B in August this year. We had just spent several weeks traveling around Europe and were desperate for a little bit of that 'home feeling' that we have in Australia. We found that and our sanity at the White Horse B View B&B.

We felt right at home in our spacious and well appointed bedroom. The room was clean and very comfortable and the luxury bathroom was exactly what we needed after so many weeks on the road. The deck had lovely views of the countryside and it was so peaceful and quiet to just sit outside and take it all in.

We really enjoyed our breakfast in the gazebo, it is beautifully decorated and the food was delicious.

There is also a pool room which guests are invited to use, the room includes access to the internet with a computer as well as a fridge with drinks.

The hosts Colin and Liz are so warm and friendly that you actually felt like you were staying with long lost friends, nothing was too much to ask for and we felt so comfortable coming and going. They were also really helpful in giving us information on the local sights and attractions, nothing was too much to ask for.

Liz runs a Day Spa at the B&B, we didn't get to use that but we hope to be back one day and be able to take advantage of all the facilities.

After spending a month travelling it was at this place that we felt we had the most comfortable experience. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The family room was really great value.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to The White Horse View B&B? Share your experiences!