The ocean and grounds of this place are incredible. Spectacularly beautiful. Kids had a great time in the pool and ocean.
The staff is fantastic. The security guard was helpful in every way. Although we did not use the services of the chef, it was nice to have him around as he speaks some English, helped the security guard preparing for the evening storms, and patiently answered our many questions.
It is truly a shame that the owner of this beautiful property does not invest in upkeep. We have been so looking forward to this vacation only to be so disappointed. Here is the short list.
1. The property manager was there to greet us when we arrived. We never saw or heard from him again.
2. After a 2.5 hour drive from the airport, we arrived at 6:00pm to find all air conditioners turned off. As it is always 100% humidity we were looking forward to refreshing AC.
3. The blue room had hundreds of insects on the floor, walls, and beds.
4. The blue room had NO shower head.
5. The water pressure was little more than a trickle.
6. There was NO hot water…or even warm water.
7. The shower door in the orange room is cracked and takes extreme effort to get it to move.
8. The maid turns off the AC when she cleans and leaves it off so we return to the rooms to find sweltering heat.
9. Several door handles are broken. Kitchen, living room, bedroom.
10. This is the worst thing. There is a refrigerator and also a beverage fridge in the kitchen. NEITHER work!!! We probably threw away over $100 of spoiled food during our visit. The repair person showed up as we were about to leave on Friday morning!!! Additionally, there is not a single store in El Cuco that sells milk. To get milk we had to drive to San Miguel 40 minutes away knowing that the milk would go bad by the following day.
11. The freezer worked but there is NO ice maker. We arrived on Friday evening ready for a cold beverage to celebrate the start of our vacation but it was not to be. We had to put water in plastic bags and wait a day for it to freeze and then break the ice in cubes with a hammer.
12. The microwave does not work. The display shows “keypad shorted”.
13. There is not enough light in the kitchen to cook after dark.
14. The kitchen is not air conditioned. HOT HOT HOT.
15. Many many insects in the kitchen.
16. The gate from the street to the house is great. Solid steel and locked. There are two gates from the beach to the house. Neither is secure, the hinges are broken so the gates are held on with rope. These gates are made of wood slates and neither lock. Made us feel very unsafe! This is a big problem as people were coming up the steps to the house. The guard did a good job of making them leave but he can’t be at that one area all the time.
17. One of the wooden chairs outside has a broken arm rest with nails sticking out.
18. The tables on the patio are not tight on their bases so the rock resulting in our kids having
more spills than usual.
19. CALLS TO THE OWNER HAVE GONE UNANSWERED!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vista Las Olas Surf Resort is a Beach-Front, secluded and private getaway next to "Las Flores" Break, that overlooks the beautiful Pacific Ocean located on the eastern coast of El Salvador, 2 hours from the capital city of San Salvador in the region of San Miguel. Our place is adjacent to the quaint cozy fishing village of the town of El Cuco. This is truly where time stands still with the sounds of the waves crashing beneath your views and the cool ocean breezes blowing through your hair. As you walk along the beach or visit this little fishing village, you will notice that everyone you see has a beautiful smile on their face willing to embrace and show you their country. The people of El Salvador are very warm and inviting people with a big heart. You will find that El Salvador is truly a “Country with a Smile”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Vista Las Olas Surf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Las Olas Surf Resort El Salvador/El Cuco