“Nice hotel near Athens Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peri's Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Artemida
Peri's Hotel
You added Peri's Hotel to your Saves list
Near Athens Airport - Artemis, Artemida, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Artemida B&B and Inns
Indiana
“Nice hotel near Athens Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Very nice spot near back gate of Athens Airport. Clean, no frills, very good breakfast brought to room. Reasonable. Near bus service to downtown Athens. Fifteen minute walk to a beach and restaurants.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I think most people stay at this hotel either on arrival or the night before departure. It's in the outskirts of Athens, convenient to the airport, and they provide free shuttle service to and from the airport. In fact, we returned from Nafplio by bus to the airport, were picked up by the owner, stayed the night (double room for 80 euro including a very nice breakfast), and then were delivered to the airport for our return flight to the US. (There is a small fee for the transfer between certain hours--late night or wee hours of the morning.) The hotel is modern, clean, and comfortable. The helpful owner and his family directed us to a local cafe for dinner. Because of the location, this isn't a place I'd choose for any reason except the airport location and transfer, but it is an excellent option. (Other guests were visiting business people, who were attending meetings near the airport.)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bruxelles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Excellent price quality
Very nice owners
Free pick up airport
Clean rooms with airco
Breakfast served in rom for balcony

• Stayed August 2011
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Best priced place close to the airport. Pick up to and from the airport/hotel were arranged and provided punctually by the hotel with lovely friendly staff and no problems to report. Clean rooms. Quiet. Missed breakfast because of lack of time so can't comment on that but it was available if required. No fuss. No problems. Why stay anywhere else if looking for a stopover?!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jonkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed at Peri's hotel after coming back from Naxos and before flying out from Athens airport. We had a 5am flight and with 2 small children I did not really want to spend hours waiting at the airport. Like others I checked out prices at the airport hotels - but the main problem was we were not allowed 4 in a room. However at peris hotel I was able to book a room for 4 and it included a transfer to the airport (at 3am!!!). Yes the hotel costs 100 euros but to be honest the option of sleeping at athens airport was not very inviting. We were glad we booked at Peris- after a long day of travelling on the ferry from Naxos and then bus from Pireaus to the airport we were met by the staff of Peris hotel who drove us to the hotel and pointed out a nearby taverna where we could get something to eat ( the taverna was very good). The drive to hotel was 10 mins as we timed it and yes the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and looks more like a house then a hotel - but so what! It was clean and had aircon and after a good meal, a shower and a few hours sleep we felt really refreshed for our onward flight home. The staff were great- spoke good english and drove us to the airport at 3 am for our 5 am flight- a bonus after taxis were on strike and getting buses at that time of the morning are tricky. I think the Peris is a good option for an overnight stay close to airport for an early morning flight!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I'm not one to write bad reviews but I feel the need to WARN people on this place. First off, this "hotel" was recommended by the travel agency inside Athens Airport -- it must be a scam since they told me "there's only one room left" but realized that there were more rooms available the next day. I knew I should have booked in advanced via the internet since I remember seeing some places which cost less. I was tired and sleepy so I thought "Why don't I splurge this time around?" Well, it was more a compromise than pampering/luxury. Granted, the shuttle was free and the place was clean and quiet but I really EXPECTED MORE for the 100 Euros they charged me. The place is more of a nice house/condo than a hotel. The things they need to improve on are -- breakfast was late (I had to call out for mine and it was only coffee, juice, toast, and a boiled egg. Come on!! How about some bacon and actually frying the egg?), coffee was bland (it was more like tea), and the WIFI did NOT work (which they promised me it would). The owner was nice but the service was a blt lacking. I could not help but wonder that I paid 10 Euros for a hostel in Turkey and got better service. Therefore, I expected more for my 100 Euros but was utterly disappointed. They should either charge less or improve their service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We had an early flight to Mykonos and there were no other choices aside from Sofitel and other expensive hotel chains until we found Peri's. They offer airport transfers but not free. The location was in a remote place, but it's okay, there was a nice Greek resto nearby. The room was clean, spacious and air conditioned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Peri's Hotel? Share your experiences!