“bad service” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, English
Strood, United Kingdom
“bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

arrived 12pm ordered food still waiting for it at 1.30 . went up to the till to ask where it was only to be told they lost my order. i asked to see the manager but was told it was her day off they sent this lady who was the cafe manager she was useless kept saying wasnt her fault. i eventually got a refund. wont ever go there again .

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kent, UK
“It's Morrisons? lol”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Can't believe I'm bothering to review a supermarket cafe, but here we go...

I've been here more times than I could count. Not because it's particularly tasty, and not because it's particularly cheap (although of course it's good value), but just because it's convenient.

We've just come back from there in fact. 2x bangers and mash, 2x desserts, a pot of tea and a large fizzy drink for a little over a tenner.

Service today was pretty good, but often times there's been quite a wait when they are busy. And staff can vary all the way from ignorant to friendly.

Food is perfectly edible without being anything to write home about, although I do think their fish and chips is particularly nice. The Hunter's Chicken is also a pleasant dish and is the one I have more often than not.

Not really much else to say. This is after all just a cafe in a supermarket! Food is reasonable, as is the price, and really that's as much as you can expect in this sort of establishment.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Cold incomplete dishes, rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch today there was only one lady on the tills, 13 people in front of us in queue waiting for coffee cups.
When dinner turned up I had soggy scampi lukewarm chips and nuked garden peas. When I asked the girl for my tartare sauce she said I had to get it myself - even though it was supposed to be with my dinner. It took me asking 4 members of staff where I could get this sauce from and the poor lady on the till finally got me some.

Disgusting service, tables full of dirty crockery and cold food that tasted like cardboard. Very disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Its a supermarket???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are refering to the food hall part of this supermarket, then it is fowl.

I ordered a Fly Start breakfast, when after 20 mins of waiting it was served up by a old blind woman, who walked it around the whole seating area 6 times before sighting my table number. It arrived cold and dry, barely food at all. The customer service is beyond shocking, on another visit at around lunch time I ordered a jacket potato, only to be told they have run out, when I stated that this is a supermarket, and you will find about 2 tons of patato's just across theother side of the building in the vegetable section, this was met with disinterest. I dont shop in Morrisons anymore, no dont I eat in their food halls. I find the staff Pig Ignorant.
Bad Sevice + Bad Quality = Your not having my money FACT.

Visited August 2012
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Morrisons Meals for the Millions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I`m still licking my lips after yesterday evening`s meal at Morrisons cafetaria in Strood . Haddock ,beans or peas and chips in satisfying quantities . Cooking time 15 minutes usually, less for 3 sausages, egg, peas and chips . I agree with Incartek`s assessment, and the liver, onions and chips are a favourite of mine , preferable to the mashed potato in my opinion . Their cakes and desserts look good quality but are too pricey for this pensioner . Bread and butter at 49p is ridiculous!

It is too busy at lunch time for me , I prefer the quieter evening . Some shopping hum from the store , not much .Pleasant decor, cumfy seating. My meal cost £4.55 , sauce sachet 10p , Cappuchino coffee £1.35 . Total £6.00 Until recently the coffee was free with a meal . Kids eat free after 4pm Mon- Fri, with any adult hot meal .

Always polite , friendly service by the staff . It closes at 7pm but an hour or so later Thur- Sat . Large car park . Modern layout of the store .

• Visited August 2012