“Not great” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I usually like to visit a restaurant at least once before I write a review so as to be fair but seeing as all 5 of the group I was with had poor meals, I think that's enough to go on!
There weren't many diners in the restaurant so not particularly busy, yet we still had to wait about 50 minutes for our food.
I ordered a medium steak which came out more than well done, the accompanying chip portions were small and other diners with me who had chicken were constantly pulling gristle out of their mouths and awkwardly putting them aside on their plates. Every person I was with said the quality of their meat was terrible. The peppercorn sauce some of us had was a really weird lumpy creamy texture too that we just couldn't put on our steaks.
I'm sure if you ordered some sort of vegetable dish or bean wrap it would be relatively inoffensive as the atmosphere and service is nice but meat dishes are a no no.
It's a shame as it had so much potential but I don't think I'll be visiting there again any time soon.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Nice food & service, spoiled by a few shabby details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Great size portions, well cooked. Nice outdoor seating for warm, sunny days, great service. Disgusting skillet pan holders, covered in dried on food. Put me off slightly, which is a shame. When I mentioned it to the waitress- who was very sweet and attentive- she apologised and said that they're all like that, and that some of the waiting staff had already brought it to the attention of the manager. Surely if the staff & customers are complaining about the same thing, then the manager should do something about it. Here's an idea. As they are an essential for the safety of waiting staff and customers, why not have 3 sets. That way one set could be being cleaned, one set being used, and the other set for emergencies. Surely it's not worth spoiling the look and feel of a whole meal, for this small detail. It concerns me that the manager may not listen to staff or customers, that is the impression I got. Food was good though.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Steak N Chips :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lovely Steak and Chips....Not so nice Brownies. Service was ok, not to busy. Plently off food for your money.

Visited April 2013
Rochester
“birthday party with 12 people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

on 17th April I organised a birthday party for a family member following a game of bowling at the new Hollywood Bowl. The Manager understood exactly what I was looking for bearing in mind this was a 9oclock table for 12 people and all went perfectly. Staff excellent, very friendly and efficient and chefs managed all dishes hot, delivered at the same time and beautifully cooked. Jugs of cocktails, our own cake presented along with desserts, couldn't have run smoother. Thanks and couldn't recommend more. Well done.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeenshire
“It is what it is”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, nice beer but the BBQ Chicken fajitas had incredibly small portions. I think the company is on a more for less drive, that's more money for less food.

Visited April 2013