“SRIMP SCAMPI HEAVEN” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
texas
“SRIMP SCAMPI HEAVEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stopped for lunch and ordered the garlic shrimp scampi. OMG sooooooooo good. There was so much garlic and because I am a garlic lover I ate every morsel. They don't skimp on the garlic and I think there were about a dozen shrimp. You have to peel them and it is messy but they have a nice big sink where you can wash your hands. Very unique experience. If you like garlic and shrimp you need to stop here for lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food, friendly staff that care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had heard about this place through friends, rented a car in Waikiki and went around the island this was very much worth the stop. I had the steak and shrimp the steak was tender and juicy, and the shrimp was amazing.

There was a rain storm on the horizon so the lady set us up a table inside (which was a small area like a store room but really showed she cared her customers don't get soaked)

“Best Shrimp Truck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

There are many shrimp food trucks in Hawaii but this one is the best.
They also give you plenty to eat when you order. They also had homemade crab cakes ( their own recipe) which were outstanding.

Everett, Washington
“Can't miss the yellow truck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food was average but love the truck and the tables right on the highway and the guest book was my favorite part.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in Oahu for a convention, and took a couple of days afterward to explore the rest of the island. I read about the Shrimp Shack food truck in Hawaii's Best Restaurant Guide about 10 minutes before it closed (5 p.m.), so I high-tailed it over, since I was staying nearby in Hauulu, and just barely made it. They have a big yellow truck with lots of decoration on it parked by the road and by Ching's, a dusty little store painted red, right across the street from the ocean, with a couple of lime green Adirondack chairs by the truck, and a small painted table in front of Ching's that's big enough for about four people. The experience was wonderful, and so was the food. One of the owners looks like Sue, the scheming P.E. teacher on Glee, but she's quite the opposite - she couldn't have been more relaxed about fixing up a meal for me (solo) at what should have been the end of their day. She explained the menu, suggested things to order, and was very friendly and welcoming (which is especially nice when you're traveling alone). I ordered the garlic shrimp, mild, and a guava-strawberry float (I happen to love guava, and it's so fresh on the island that it's doubly good). Luckily for me, the table opened up, and I joined a Hawaiian couple who had biked in. The food was cooked right away, so no waiting. Both the food and the company were great - a true Hawaiian feel to it, easy-going, friendly and relaxed, with enjoyable conversation, and the view just added another dimension. The shrimp is served over rice with plenty of sauce (kind of a garlic/spice oil) that seeps into the rice. She (Ms. Glee) came over and asked how I liked it, and I mentioned that it was hotter than I expected for mild (which just meant that I ate it more slowly, and the yummy guava float was even more appreciated). She was very concerned, brought me some water right away, and offered to make me another meal (which I didn't take - I've never had as much concern about a meal anywhere that I've eaten, so it was appreciated, but not needed). Even though it was a bit hot, it tasted scrumptious. The shrimp, which you peel (so be prepared for messy hands), was very fresh and delicious, and I'm particular about seafood. This was truly memorable, and if I'm ever there again, I'll head for the Shrimp Shack! If you're comfortable with a very casual atmosphere, put on your flip flops and enjoy it. I ate at a different food truck the following night, which wasn't nearly as interesting.

• Visited August 2013