“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pat's at Punalu'u

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punaluu
Pat's at Punalu'u
You added Pat's at Punalu'u to your Saves list
53-567 Kamehameha Hwy, Punaluu, Oahu, HI   |
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in unit 605. the place was as advertised. I saw plenty of pictures and knew what I was getting. they call it a 1 bedroom, but it is really a bed tucked into an alcove. We were not looking for luxury we were looking for something to get us on the north shore away from the commercialism of Honlulu and Wakiki. It was clean, the unit was well appropriated, had a wonderful view of the ocean, right on the beach. It was myself and my son, I slept in the bed and although it was a bit warm, it had a ceiling fan and was quite comfortable without covers. My son slept on the pull out couch and said it was comfortable (did not look it to me but he like it).

We cooked breakfast in and packed lunch for most days. thanks to the owners (each unit is separately owned) they had a cooler and automatic ice maker so we could easily take everything with us. Saved a bunch on food.

We only spent a little time on the beach at the unit. We wanted to go snorkling where we knew there were fish. My son did hours of research and I used Oahu revealed that helped out a lot to know where to go.

We had the best vacation and would definitely visit again.

My advise to all who have posted negatives, and who are looking at this location, do your research, get pictures so you know what you are getting.

Also, there was no smell and nothing going on that ruined anything about our vacation.

Room Tip: Do your homework. These are condo units owned by different families. I got what I expected and was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in unit 214 and really couldn't have been happier with our stay at Pat's. Our condo had a wonderful view of the ocean and our patio was deep enough to enjoy it without being blown away by the evening breeze. The kitchen was well-equipped and there was plenty of room for everyone to help with dinner after a busy day of sight-seeing. The drive didn't really bother us as this stretch of highway is super gorgeous!! We're a family of four and felt comfortable with the amount of space and amenities provided. My kids loved the pool, the beach out front of our building was very nice (we nearly had it to ourselves!), and Lisa made herself very available if we should need her. Also loved knowing that there was a friendly security guard patroling the premises at night. Would highly recommend staying here to families with kids and for those of us who just can't stomach staying in the city or in a big resort!

Room Tip: Hint: Unit 214 is directly above the pool. Great if you want to keep an eye on your own kids who a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just got back from eight nights at Pat's at Punaluu. We stayed in unit #312, a one bedroom, ocean front unit. We were a family of four and enjoyed our stay very much. Great beach, nice little pool, good quiet location. 45-50 min to Honolulu off peak times. 20-25 min to Waimea or Sunset, beginners surfing at Chuns reef and wonderful snorkeling at sharks cove are less than 20 min drive. Unit owner is attentive and accessible. Mahalo for a great vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this corner unit condo for almost two weeks and were very pleased. First off, the view was AMAZING, ocean and palm trees in front, mountain views to the right. Wonderful grounds in front of ocean and not very crowed. Yes, the complex is older and it is not a full service hotel. If you are looking for the hustle and bustle of honolulu then don't stay here. If you want a quite relaxing stay this is the place. The unit had everything we needed and we were very pleased. We did a lot of sightseeing and did not mind the drive into Honolulu or up to the North Shore as no matter where you drive to you enjoy the views. After a busy day of sightseeing it was like returning to paradise. Lisa and Beverly, Thank you for an amazing stay! Oh Yeah, yes the front road noise in the morning was a little loud and there is no air conditioning(NOT NEEDED) the ocean breeze was more that comfortable. We will come back and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We heard about Pat's from friends and fell in love. I saw it popping up on vrbo but until I heard first person I was looking for a guest house near a nice beach. I wanted to leave the crowds in Waikiki. The condo we chose at pats was on the end with a wrap around balcony so we could see far and wide! What a view. Nice quiet beach. We had fun snorkeling and swimming right on front of the condo. Our unit was on the 4th of 8 I believe and was beautifully decorated and had every thing we needed to make wonderful meals with all the local fresh fruit and greens. Plus the shrimp wagons we abundant and a great choice for outdoor dining
. Pats is not a 5 star resort but a great place to hang a week and enjoy all oahu has to offer
Just don't tell everyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at Pat's condo's from May 10th thru the 19th....we llllooovvvveeed it....was so clean and near all sites...loved it!!!!Everyone here and the locals were so friendly. Dole Plantation, the beaches....just lovely....will be coming back soon the LORD willing. They are older rooms, but very clean. Right on the beach too. We went walking on the beach day and night. Went looking for Ghost Crabs...My husband and I spent our 30th here...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at a 6th Floor one bedroom condo. I don't remember the exact number of the condo.
When we pulled up to the building we just looked at each other. It looks like what I would call a
residential hotel. Really kind of crummy. The elevators are positively scary. If we weren't on the
6th floor I wouldn't have even used it.
The condo itself was very nice, really pretty. TV in bedroom and huge TV in living room which was' good because all it did was RAIN. We had problems with the toilet, it kept running, and when
we called about it we were told to "just jiggle the handle". I'm sorry, at $140 a night I don't want
to have to "jiggle the handle". I grew up with a cottage and know how toilets can act up, how to take the back off and play with the plunger thing, but my husband just gave up. I'd get up in the morning and it would still be running,. And the shower! It was so hard to pull the shower handle up half the water would be going down the drain. The last morning there I had to have my husband pull it up for me! The bedroom backs onto what looks like a two lane road but is actually a highway, the Kamahamaha Highway and there is traffic ALL THE TIME. You have to close the window to get any sleep and then it is too hot. I actually slept on the booster bed in the living room so I could have the sliders open. The bedroom would be served by having a window act conditioning unit in it.
We had one sort of nice day that we spent in a road trip around the north shore which was nice, but the traffic! And then it rainied. I thought the raining season was in April but apparently no one told Punaluu. We actually left two days early, ate the $280 we had already paid just to be able to get back to the OUtrigger in Waikiki where it was sunny and no rain. I realize that was no fault of the condo, just bad luck on our part.
The outside of the condo building really needs to be painted or something, it just looks very rundown.
The whole experience makes us very leery of renting a condo again. We are planning another trip to Hawaii and it will be 4 days at the Outrigger and 4 or 5 days on Maui and will probably be in a hotel.

Mahalo

Room Tip: Problem with condos is that they are all individually owned so you never really know. The condo itse...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pat's at Punalu'u? Share your experiences!