“condo 616 - excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pat's at Punalu'u

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Punaluu
Pat's at Punalu'u
You added Pat's at Punalu'u to your Saves list
53-567 Kamehameha Hwy, Punaluu, Oahu, HI   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“condo 616 - excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this corner unit condo for almost two weeks and were very pleased. First off, the view was AMAZING, ocean and palm trees in front, mountain views to the right. Wonderful grounds in front of ocean and not very crowed. Yes, the complex is older and it is not a full service hotel. If you are looking for the hustle and bustle of honolulu then don't stay here. If you want a quite relaxing stay this is the place. The unit had everything we needed and we were very pleased. We did a lot of sightseeing and did not mind the drive into Honolulu or up to the North Shore as no matter where you drive to you enjoy the views. After a busy day of sightseeing it was like returning to paradise. Lisa and Beverly, Thank you for an amazing stay! Oh Yeah, yes the front road noise in the morning was a little loud and there is no air conditioning(NOT NEEDED) the ocean breeze was more that comfortable. We will come back and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We heard about Pat's from friends and fell in love. I saw it popping up on vrbo but until I heard first person I was looking for a guest house near a nice beach. I wanted to leave the crowds in Waikiki. The condo we chose at pats was on the end with a wrap around balcony so we could see far and wide! What a view. Nice quiet beach. We had fun snorkeling and swimming right on front of the condo. Our unit was on the 4th of 8 I believe and was beautifully decorated and had every thing we needed to make wonderful meals with all the local fresh fruit and greens. Plus the shrimp wagons we abundant and a great choice for outdoor dining
. Pats is not a 5 star resort but a great place to hang a week and enjoy all oahu has to offer
Just don't tell everyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at Pat's condo's from May 10th thru the 19th....we llllooovvvveeed it....was so clean and near all sites...loved it!!!!Everyone here and the locals were so friendly. Dole Plantation, the beaches....just lovely....will be coming back soon the LORD willing. They are older rooms, but very clean. Right on the beach too. We went walking on the beach day and night. Went looking for Ghost Crabs...My husband and I spent our 30th here...

Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at a 6th Floor one bedroom condo. I don't remember the exact number of the condo.
When we pulled up to the building we just looked at each other. It looks like what I would call a
residential hotel. Really kind of crummy. The elevators are positively scary. If we weren't on the
6th floor I wouldn't have even used it.
The condo itself was very nice, really pretty. TV in bedroom and huge TV in living room which was' good because all it did was RAIN. We had problems with the toilet, it kept running, and when
we called about it we were told to "just jiggle the handle". I'm sorry, at $140 a night I don't want
to have to "jiggle the handle". I grew up with a cottage and know how toilets can act up, how to take the back off and play with the plunger thing, but my husband just gave up. I'd get up in the morning and it would still be running,. And the shower! It was so hard to pull the shower handle up half the water would be going down the drain. The last morning there I had to have my husband pull it up for me! The bedroom backs onto what looks like a two lane road but is actually a highway, the Kamahamaha Highway and there is traffic ALL THE TIME. You have to close the window to get any sleep and then it is too hot. I actually slept on the booster bed in the living room so I could have the sliders open. The bedroom would be served by having a window act conditioning unit in it.
We had one sort of nice day that we spent in a road trip around the north shore which was nice, but the traffic! And then it rainied. I thought the raining season was in April but apparently no one told Punaluu. We actually left two days early, ate the $280 we had already paid just to be able to get back to the OUtrigger in Waikiki where it was sunny and no rain. I realize that was no fault of the condo, just bad luck on our part.
The outside of the condo building really needs to be painted or something, it just looks very rundown.
The whole experience makes us very leery of renting a condo again. We are planning another trip to Hawaii and it will be 4 days at the Outrigger and 4 or 5 days on Maui and will probably be in a hotel.

Mahalo

Room Tip: Problem with condos is that they are all individually owned so you never really know. The condo itse...
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in room 605. The unit is well stocked and has many great amenities but it is not a one bedroom. To the right as you walk in is an alcove where they have placed a queen-size bed with three of the four sides against walls. No door, no closet, no dresser. Each time I got up I had to wake up my husband or climb over him because I was on the wall side. The mattress was horrible and we spent several sleepless nights between the bed and trying the air mattress/hide-a-bed option.
The view and water access are great!The owner has done a lot to make this a place where you can really be comfortable. There are rules posted every where about what to and not to do and the penalty for breaking the rules. No plans to go back just was a "fun" experience.

Seattle, Wasington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Despite the numerous bad reviews we read on Trip Advisor, and at other vacation sites, we took a chance. We SOOOO wish we hadn't. The sewer smell is real - we were on the 6th floor, but on a hot day, it is rank. The place - Unit 605 - is listed as a one bedroom - IT IS NOT. The bed is tucked into an alcove with no door between the bed and living room. There is also no AC - this 'bedroom" becomes unbearable hot, even with fans, and opening the window brings in the stink from the sewer and loud street noise.

The pool was closed the entire two weeks we were there - we called/emailed the owner numerous times, and were told "It will open in a day or two" It never did. The reasons: Someone lost a diaper, than mosquito wings infested the water, than crabs walked from the beach, across the lawn, down the steps, through the fence, and apparently contaminated the pool - REALLY? The day we arrived to take a swim, the pool was scummy, the water murky - looked like it hadn't be cleaned or treated any time recently. We asked for a partial refund due to the fact that Pat's is advertised with a "beautiful fresh water pool - but she refused.

While you can swim at the beach, the snorkeling is non-existent. No fish, no turtles, and the water is murky, the coral grey.

Lastly, they were doing "emergency spalling" the entire time, which consisted of jack hammers taking out concrete. One of the workers told us the drilling was actually a re-model. The place is dated, and 're-model' is likely a constant state. Oh, and the "fitness room" - filthy, old and disgusting.

Lesson learned about false advertising. We would never stay here again, nor would we ever recommend it. YUCK!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a wonderful time! So glad we could stay in #707. We think about our lovely time in Hawaii every single day and cannot wait until we're able to come back some time in the future. This apartment is beautiful, and we would love to stay there next time we visit - We definitely recommend it. It' so calming, quiet, sunny and easy! And the view!!! ;) - both Mauka and Makai;)

Mahalo !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pat's at Punalu'u? Share your experiences!