We had a lovely 10 day break at this hotel in mid February and I have to agree with the more positive reviews on here. Sure, there were a lot of kids around, even though part of our holiday was outside half-term. But what do you expect when you book a family hotel - and yes it was clearly advertised as such ....at least, when I booked it was! The lower (heated) pool was a bit noisy but the upper one was fine and I had no problems chilling out. Frankly, if you are a bit child-phobic, there are plenty of adults only hotels you can go to.
As for the rest of it - it was fine. The rooms, as others have said, are huge. As with all hotels, there are some that are better than others in terms of views but ours (A128) looked out to sea and was lovely.
I saw the review below (Don't Go - 18th Feb) while I was actually in the hotel and laughed out loud. How anybody can describe any aspect of this hotel as 'filthy' and 'disgusting' is beyond me. Everything is absolutely spotless !
The food was fine (and hot) - although I would say that after 10 days, it was getting a bit repetitive. There was plenty of choice but other Rius I've been to seemed to have a bit more and by the end, I was looking forward to something a little different.
What really makes this place great though, and again it seems to be a theme at Riu, is the staff. They really are the most attentive hotel staff I've ever come across and as others have said, will do anything or you. It's not an act either - you only have to watch the way they interact with each other. None of them are being nice because the manager says 'be nice to the guests'. They all obviously care that you are having a great holiday. For that alone, this hotel deserves a visit.
I don't usually return to a hotel out of choice - I prefer to go somewhere different next time. However, I'd have no problem coming back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa Paraiso * 9-storey main building and villas * On the seafront * 10 km from Costa Adeje * Complimentary hotel bus to Playa de las Americas * 500 m from various shops * 30 km from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Buena Vista Adeje
- Dunas Paraiso Tenerife
- Dunas Paraiso Hotel Tenerife
- Clubhotel Riu Buena Vista Hotel
- Hotel Dunas Paraiso
- ClubHotel Riu Buena Vista Tenerife/Playa Paraiso