“Exclusively located” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Todhills
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exclusively located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This lodge has just been refurbished and will be nice to know that it stays so for a long time. It is summer a little fridge in the rooms will be helpful. I am quite satisfied with the staff on site they are well trained.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Leamington Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Booked this Travelodge as a stopover on the way to Scotland. The lodge was very clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The childrens beds were a little bit hard but my son did manage to sleep.We ordered breakfast boxes and they were very adequate. Would definitely use a Travellodge again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Brechin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

stop over on way to and from holidays with my wife who is disabled and in a wheelchair find the staff very helpful and friendly and rooms very clean and comfortable.. only problem is hotel on south carriageway of M6 so traveling north you have to drive 6 miles to Gretna then back down to hotel still find this a minor detail

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Swindon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Went to this hotel on a tour of northern England. As a previous comment said it is on the south bound section of the M6, however the next junction is a mile down the road, so it's easy to turn round and head back the other way, and Gretna Green is only a mile north.
Hotel was pleasant, we had an LED TV in our room, staff were very pleasant, however there were a couple of problems.
Another family were staying at the hotel, and their two sons decided to play cricket - yes cricket in the car park!!!! They had a wicket set up, were bowling the ball and hitting it hard with the bat, mostly towards the cars and hotel windows next to them. It was fortunate there was no damage. Their parents saw them playing there and did nothing to stop them, neither did the staff, who walked past them at one point.
Another problem I had, after arriving at the hotel, I found a voice mail message on my mobile, asking if I still wanted my room! Of course I did! Despite asking to pay on the day, Travelodge debited my account as soon as I booked the hotel, so seeing as I had paid for it of course I wanted it! My fear about this was what would have happened if I'd been an hour later, they'd have given my room to someone else??
No restaurant on the site, but there was a Costa next door, where we were able to get breakfast, and provide a 20% discount to people staying in the hotel, however they were down to one breakfast roll when we went in. Costa isn't open 24 hours though.
Travelodge - in future please can you make a rule to ban ball games, especially cricket from the car parks of your hotels! Also if people have paid for their rooms, they should not be given out to others!
Parents - please can you find some other entertainment for your kids, and don't take cricket sets on holiday with you!

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of your hotel so you can keep an eye on your car, just in case some other...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Comfortable well refurbished rooms and competitively priced. Just beware that it is situated on the southbound carriageway of a motorway so if you're travelling north or getting back from Carlisle, there's a bit of a round trip to the next junction.
Also, there's no restaurant on site ... so eat before you arrive otherwise you'll be driving for miles.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wasted some time booking a double room at Travelodge on the M6 so that I would be sure of a bed on my journey home from holidaying in Scotland. Imagine my amazement when at 3pm I was phoned to ask if I intended to use the room. I assured the receptionist that I was about 3 hours away and intended to stay the night.and so was even more surprised when at about 5.45 pm I received another call telling me that they had given my room to someone else!
Would I please go to another hotel where they had arranged a room for me.
Fortunately I have Sat Nav so was able to find the hotel which was probably rather nicer than the Travelodge but I find this sort behaviour extraordinary .
Apparently they double book on a regular basis which surprises me as they already had my money and would have kept it if I had not arrived .
So why do they do it?.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Carlisle Todhills, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Peter C, we’re really sorry to learn of your relocation to another hotel, however we are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay there. On certain occasions some hotels may need to move customer’s bookings to alternative hotels due to unexpected arrivals and or rooms that are unavailable. We do apologise for any inconvenience this caused. All of our hotels are trained in how to deal with these situations. Please be assured that the hotel will receive feedback about the concerns that you have raised.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel has recently been refurbished and the interior has been given a fresh and clean look. Rooms are comfortable but there is some traffic noise. The 20% discount at the adjacent Costa is helpful.
Access is only via the southbound M6 hence you have to pass the hotel and double back if travelling north.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Carlisle Todhills? Share your experiences!