“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Manor Farm

Old Manor Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Bourton
Old Manor Farm
You added Old Manor Farm to your Saves list
Spring Lang, Little Bourton, England   |
essex
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

After spending a night in Band B at Old Manor Farm Little Bourton Banbury Oxfordshire we was up from Essex for a family function nearby we would like to say how lovely our stay was and the hosts were excellent and as this is a working farm it will certainly be a place we will revisit to bring the children to and as the couple who run this have a little baby girl it will be lovely to see how she has grown please keep up the good work Best Wishes Emma and Peter

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Wonderful welcome with cake and a cup of tea, beautiful setting and very convenient for exploring local attractions. Fabulous breakfast which set us up for the whole day; all fresh produce which was extremely tasty. Charming room with smart bathroom - slept like a baby! Will definitely re-visit and have recommended to friends who have been and were very satisfied. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Over the last two years i have stayed at the Old Manor Farm a lot of times staying in the main house and the outside room. both the main house and the outside room are decorated to a very high standard and the owners are very pleasant and very helpful.I stay in Hotels alot and i do enjoy staying here. I have seen other reviews of the Old Manor Farm and that is why i choosen to stay here. Breakfast can be a full english or a nice big bowl of porridge really nice. If you have to stay in Banbury give them a ring its better than the big hotels more relaxed and homely.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My girlfriend and I booked to stay at the Old Manor Farm having researched at great length for a nice, good quality b and b in the Banbury area and eventually found the Old Manor Farm. Unfortunately on arriving we were led to a tired old stable block that in no way represented the website and was more suitable for an ageing horse than 2 thirty something’s away for a birthday weekend.

Once past the single pane glass front door that looked like it would collapse after a gust of wind, inside was decorated to a good standard and the bathroom was finished well. The mattress on the bed on the other hand appeared older than the stable and had probably seen far more action. 'Support' wasn't a key function of the mattress as it had clearly given up all hope of providing a good night sleep many years ago and just collapsed to the width of a wafer once you laid on it. With the addition of the pockets of the mattress digging into your back, we both probably had the worst night sleep of our lives.

The place is a great shame as the owners have obviously taken great care decorating the bathroom, living areas and the dining area of the main property, but forgotten that a key point of staying at a b and b is to have a good nights sleep and that first impressions count. If this was rectified and the stable was decorated at least to a reasonable standard, potential visitors were made aware they maybe sleeping in a stable block and the mattress was replaced, I’m sure this review would have been different, as the breakfast was very tasty with perhaps the best bacon I’d ever had.

I've stayed in many hotels and b and b's both more expensive and cheaper that the Old Manor Farm and I’ve never experienced this problem before. For £70 a night, I expect to stay somewhere nicer than a tired looking stable and on a mattress that you can't sleep on. I'm a kayaker and mountain biker and I’ve travelled around the UK staying at YHAs and bunkhouses sometimes at a nightly rate of £7 and I’ve never experienced such an uncomfortable bed. I'm sure as it is a stable, a straw bed would have been far more comfortable. Another disappointing fact was that when I emailed the owners voicing my concerns I received no reply. This lack of response seems to sum up their lack of interest and explains why they are allowing people pay to stay in an old, tired stable block, with a mattress that’s probably as old as the farm.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Manor Farm? Share your experiences!