“Village Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Georgeham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, English, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Under current ownership since June 2010, this charming British Pub in the pretty village of Georgeham is less than 2 miles from some of the best surfing beaches in the UK, and on the doorstep of Exmoor National Park and the rest of beautiful North Devon. Boasting a pretty, cosy, inviting pub, we give fantastic value for money, we cook fresh local ingredients,pour the finest real ales, and above all deliver great and truly genuine hospitality to everyone who walks in the door, every day of the week!!Dog and child friendly, and open 7 days a week, we look forward to seeing you soon....Ever-changing delicious and applauded menu, and owned and run by ex-River Cafe/Seafood Restaurant chef and London-experienced restaurant manager-turned-pub proprietor Steve Cave, The King's Arms is this corner of North Devon's little secret gem.
Leicestershire
“Village Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We decided to visit based on other Tripadviser reviews as we were staying not too far away in Braunton on holiday. I rang ahead to see if it was necessary to book for a Monday evening and was informed by a very friendly young lady that although they did not think there would be a problem it was always advisable so I duly booked our table for 8.00pm that evening. When we arrived we were slightly puzzled as to where to park the car as the village had very narrow lanes and no car park. We ended up parking a short walk away. The barman told us that there was a village car park round the corner so we know for a future visit where to park! We ordered pre-dinner drinks and had some friendly banter with the bartender who was very informative about the beers on offer which my husband warmed to. We mentioned that we had a dog and he asked us if we had left her in the car to which we said no and asked if dogs were allowed into the pub? He told us that they were and she would have been very welcome to dine with us! This was a definite bonus for us before we even started the evening. We were seated at our table not far from the bar and near to the fire so we were very pleased with our table. There were some vacant tables but not too many. The menu was not too extensive but a very good choice and I ordered Pan fried seabass fillet mushroom herb and fennel risotte at £14.50 and my husband had the El Daiblo burger at £14.50. Both fairly pricey but absolutely delicious. To follow I decided on the Apple and Almond flourless gateaux apple and pear compote and pear sorbet. I am a dessert type of girl and this was one of the tasiest and well thought out puddings I have ever eaten. I would love the recipe. The pear sorbet was sublime. My husband had the cheese board with a good choice of cheeses which he really enjoyed. The evening was most enjoyable in lovely surroundings and we would definitely return again and again, perhaps with our dog next time. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and did not rush us through our meal but the service was excellent. Would recommend to anyone wanting an upmarket pub meal in cosy surroundings and who perhaps likes dogs!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, California
“Dining fit for a King”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife and I went for a weekend away in North Devon and stayed at Combas Farm. They recommended the pubs in Georgeham as they were less likely to be crowded on this bank holiday weekend. The place was full but not packed. The bartender and wait staff were superb, and the meals were above average to excellent. (And I'm a hard judge to please).
My wife had the steak and I had the Thai curried beef. Nothing to complain about. I have read the 2 negative reviews and I was pleased that the owner tried to connect with the whingers. If he reads this, my recommendation is... If possible have the chef himself wander the floor and ask the customers how they enjoyed their meals. That takes the level of service up a notch and may help him/her improve too.
We moved over in front of the fire after our meal to finish our drinks and as I pulled my wallet out to pay the bill, my comb fell into the overstuffed chair without my noticing. It is indicative of the quality of the staff that the young lady approached my wife and asked her if the item was ours before we'd exited the premises.
If I lived in the area, this would become my local pub. As it is, I highly recommend it. I'll be back, I hope, next time I'm in North Devon.

• Visited May 2014
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“What a find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Been visiting Croyde at least 3 times a year for the last 25 years with family and friends and only this last trip did i discover this little gem of a place.Never had a better welcome in a pub before i visited the Kings Arms,Steve the owner and Ross the barman always found the time to chat about your day and more than helpful fitting you in for food.The food was of top quality at very reasonable prices.Can't wait to return with my family.Thanks all for a excellent weekend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very very good!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was our first time here albeit we have visited the Croyde area for over twenty years!!!! - we shall most certainly be back next year - what a gem. Good service - good food and at good prices. The whole feel about the place was relaxing. I had the spicy root stew with herby dumplings - I have had a number of these offerrings over the years at other places but none could match this one - so so tasty. As I said we shall be back next year - we are only disappointed it took us so long to use this wonderful place. Thanks for a lovely evening.

midlands
“Great pub and food....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went here one evening on the recommendation of the owners of our holiday cottage....we weren't disappointed. The food and surroundings were nice, reasonably priced....with a real log fire to boot.
Tip though...do book in advance as because of its popularity it does get busy.....with both holiday makers and local (Always a good sign).