“families be careful” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
norwich
“families be careful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

we visited on a hot summers day and naturally wanted to sit outside. We asked a waitress for a highchair which did not appear so I approached the door to find one only to be told they were being kept for people inside. During the entire time we were there only three highchairs were being used inside. I had a feeling they didn't want them outside or just didn't have enough. Whilst we were offered another unsuitable chair with cushions my two year old kept sliding off so we got the car seat from the car. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had we asked to go inside. Never been to a pub before that only have three high chairs
(if this is the case, there were certainly only three in use).
The atmosphere is a bit sterile and stiff, one waitress was very jolly however. I think for the price - 50 pound for two adults and two children - the place can't survive on serving good food alone. The food was good, not amazing and we waited 45 minutes for the main then over 30 minutes for the dessert. The barman was friendly. I think this place has some lovely decorative touches which makes it look homely but the atmosphere needs lifting to create a more friendly environment for customers.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Norwich, United Kingdom
“nice food when it finally arrived”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have been to the Parson woodforde on several occasions. The new manager, who was not in attendance can be quite pushy and you are pushed to sit down and order. Today however we waited 40 minutes after ordering, for our starters to arrive then another 30 minutes after we had finished to receive the main course. We had to ask for the desert menu some time after this and then no-one came to take the order so we decided to leave. We were by this time the only people in the restaurant. this was not peak time and we had arrived 30 minutes before our table was booked to enable us to have a drink and peruse the menu. There did not seem to be alack of staff.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Bar service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Shocked to witness a member of the bar staff pouring a pint of beer for a customer, the pump ran out so the pint was topped up with another make of beer at a stronger alcoholic percentage, before being served to the customer. The customer was not asked if that was ok or made aware of this poor standard of service, potentially putting them at risk if they were driving.

I will not be drinking there again as I no longer can be certain I'm getting the drink I paid for!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Called in on a Wednesday night very busy food was very good we will go back when we are out that way again

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing service, delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I decided at the last minute to have a meal out last Saturday after shopping. I phoned The Parson Woodforde and were booked in for 6pm. We received a warm welcome from a very pleasant gentleman, who I believe may be the owner. We were seated and served extremely promptly, our food arrived looking stunning and tasting wonderful. All 3 courses were well received by us, delicious and well cooked with attention to detail and service beyond reproach. All in all a very pleasant evening, meal and excellent service which we could not fault. Definitely will be dining here again.

• Visited July 2013