“A Real Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“A Real Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I were travelling north on Highway 17 from Ottawa and stopped at the village of Cobden looking for a place to have lunch.
Going northbound on Highway 17, we found "Lakeview Deli + Meatery." From the exterior, the place looked clean and tidy - so we thought we would give it a try.
Wow! Did we every luck out!!
This is a "gem of a restaurant." While you do have to place your order at the counter choosing from a variety of menu items on various display boards, that is the only possible issue one could have at this location. See the website for the menu http://lakeviewdelimeatery.ca/ or their Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/LakeviewDeliMeatery

Today, we had the "Crazy Cannck Burger" for $6.95 Look at the description http://lakeviewdelimeatery.ca/images/LDM%20Burger%20Menu%20Lg.jpg
All I can say is, what a fantastic, fresh burger! The bonus at this location is that it is also a meat shop, so all the ingredients are FRESH ! We saw the size of another person's burger so decided on having only 1 order of fries (they too were freshly cut, and amazing in quantity for the price). Our order was brought to our table when ready - and we were later checked upon by the waitress to see if everything was ok. No issues here!
This location also has a kids menu http://lakeviewdelimeatery.ca/images/LDM%20Salad%20and%20Kids%20Menu%20Lg.jpg
My wife and I highly recommend this location for excellent quality food served hot !
If you need a quick take out, their exterior grab and go beside the main building will serve your needs http://lakeviewdelimeatery.ca/Boss%20Hogs%20Grub%20n%20Grill.html ( or you can combine both ).

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“An unfortunate change in menu.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I spend a lot of time on the road and I like to try different places. Last year, this place instantly became my favourite place for burgers and the most delicious hot dog ever, the Hot Rod Dog. I raved about the food to everyone!

Sadly, this year they changed the menu drastically. All of the burgers are gone except for a plain burger, and the Hot Rod Dog is now just a regular hot dog. Sadly, this place has now become a huge disappointment and I will drive past it every time I'm in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, Canada
“Great lunch stop on the way to Ottawa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Great place! Fantastic sandwiches. The place was always full of people the whole time we were there. Great alternative to the typical fast food stops on a road trip

• Visited July 2013
“DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stopped here on the way through Cobden and WOW is all I can say!!! I had the Lakeview Burger and my spouse had the Boss Hogg Burger. Delicious!! And a side of broccoli salad to top everything off!! It was a great little restaurant and amazing service! I wish we had a cooler to take some of the marinated meats home!!

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Fantastic ambience - small town service (albeit the meal took a while to arrive... but was worth it in the end). Was there for their "first" Sunday brunch - a meal worthy of a high-class dining room, at good local prices.

• Visited February 2013