“EXCELLENT LAMB BURGERS” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Balzac
Calgary, Canada
“EXCELLENT LAMB BURGERS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Menu had oodles of items to chose from but when we saw they had the lamb burgers, we both decided to have them. They were excellent, although I was wondering where the stilton cheese was. The french fries, were not the usual ones and were also delicious. The meal was so large I could not finish it and took my half home for lunch the next day.

The only negative comment I have is that my friend sat there for over 15 minutes with an empty plate. Perhaps they were witing for me to finish, which I had, but was taking the leftovers home. I would have thought the waitress would have checked to see if we needed anything.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Overcooked fish.rips the gums.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

They had to take my order twice.just to make sure.so it took over 30 mins for food.then my fish sandwich was so overcooked it was ripping the roof of my mouth.i have eatin here 9 times in the past 3 months.i always eat the same thing.an i know fry fish.this was so wrong.our waitress was slow an dim.yes i said dim.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Good service, bland food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went to Fionn MacCool's before hitting the movie theatre. Our friends had been there for dessert before but not for lunch. Our waitress was cheerful and the food came out quickly. We ordered short ribs on poutine, shepherd's pie and two burgers. The burgers were ordered with the special chips instead of fries. We didn't order alcohol at all.

There's not much to review because the food was so unremarkable. One burger diner found his dry (cooked until the meat was gray) while the other thought it was too greasy. The short ribs and poutine looked very delicious - it was served with steak fries. I would want to try that if we go again. The shepherd's pie came with a side salad, but the pie overall was so bland and not special - I didn't feel it was worth $11.

All the meals are in the $11-20 range, and as I looked at the menu I had a hard time mentally justifying spending so much on untested pub fare. My first pick was the fish and chips, but I wanted a salad and the waitress didn't know if there would be an upcharge for the salad. Fish and chips could get pretty expensive fast.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Enjoyed it. Good Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've been meaning to submit a review on this pub for a bit now. Have eaten here a few times and its been quite good each and every time. I ordered a variety of dishes, from the Fish and Chips(excellant) to the Hamburger(very good & big), to my most recent order the Club Sandwich. All served with your choice od salad both ceasar or mixed, soup or fries.All choices are good. The size of the entree is quite large. Lts for any appetite. Very tasty. As its a pub theres a good selection of drinks to go along with your meal. If you prefer non alcoholic drinks theres a variety of drinks available. Staff & Service are top knotch. Right there whenever you require something. Great spot for a quick drink and appetizer or a lunch/dinner after or before a day of shopping at the mall. We will certainly return. Keep up the good work guys.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
alberta,canada
“Large portions, good food, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have dined here on two occasions and each time the food was good and plentiful. Both times I sat in the "seat yourself lounge section" It is a busy place on Friday nights with the line-up out the door, weeknight didn't seem to be as busy. Both times I went there was because of the convenience to have a bite to eat inside the mall and go to the theatre right after. I probably wouldn't go to this place other than the fact it is so close to the theatre but the food is good enough for me to return. Loved the colcannon pie.

• Visited April 2013