“Seaside dining” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Wellington, New Zealand
“Seaside dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A past favourite, and as we were up the coast, decided to pay it a visit.. We sat outside in the sun, and our order was taken promptly. We were asked if we would like coffee first, and it came almost immediately and was excellent. Our meals followed shortly afterwards, I had grilled haloumi, with avocado and tomato on grain toast, and my husband was delighted with his french toast on brioche, and we were in no hurry to leave. A very relaxing Saturday afternoon.,

Visited August 2012

Napier
“Fantastic breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great service and beautiful food. The chili jam which accompanied the full breakfast was superb and we loved the addition of bubble and squeak. Great coffee too. Well worth a visit.

Visited August 2012
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“An excellent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We came down from Palmy to take our daughter and her husband there for lunch yesterday for her birthday. (Sunday). The place was humming and I suspect there are a lot of regulars .The ambience is comfortable and the staff to a person were friendly and helpful, 3 of us had the fish sliders, lovely flavours we were still discussing on the way home. Our daughter had the fried chicken which she enjoyed, and she commented that the accompanying vegetables just 'melted in the mouth'. The service was prompt, the wait for the food reasonable considering the steady business. Certainly a very postitive experience thanks.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“My worst eating experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went here for my husband's birthday, and to be fair his food was a great deal better than mine, but we could not order when we arrived as the chef could not cope with too many orders at once! (it was not that busy!) My wine glass was chipped and replaced with very bad grace. My entree had huge chunks of raw garlic..ugh. The main was described as lamb and barley...but I had to search for my three very small pieces of lamb. This was not a nice dish for a lamb lover.
I thought my desert would be safe...affogato with biscotti, but oops sorry hadn't baked biscotti so it was served with a chocolate bar...could have been worse.
We were overcharged for our bottle of wine and the rigmarole to have the ten dollars refunded was unbelievable. We were asked how our meal was by one of the ( up until then ) invisible owners...and apparently I did not understand food!
My final comment...if you are having young schoolgirl waitresses in jandals and short shorts, please tell them not to scratch their bums when serving!

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wellington
“My Saturday treat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

This places is my favourite place to go on a Saturday. After a walk down the beach front room is our next stop. A beautiful outdoor setting and always great coffee this place is just great. Hot chocolate pudding will always just top the day off yummmmmmm!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere