“Te Rimu Bed and Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Te Rimu B&B

Te Rimu B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waikanae
Te Rimu B&B
You added Te Rimu B&B to your Saves list
11 Hira St, Waikanae 5036, New Zealand   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Waikanae B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Te Rimu Bed and Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Set in a very beautiful old garden, and with an elegant guests' sitting room,both of which are big enough to offer privacy even if there are other guests, Te Rimu proved to be the quiet sanctuary I needed after a very intense training course. Although it is only a couple of blocks from the main railwayline south and the main highway south, there was absolutely no traffic or train noise, only the sound of the birds in the lovely old trees on the property. The bed was soft and comfortable, and since I was the only guest, I had the shared bathroom to myself. The water pressure for the shower was excellent.
My host joined me for breakfast, and made sure my poached egg, two short rashers, toast and coffee were cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Both rooms look out over the large landscaped front garden which is green, p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at Te Rimu with my 89 year old mother. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay in such delightful surroundings with a first class host, excellent breakfast and well appointed rooms. the stained glass detail was an added bonus. Te Rimu is just the place for a peaceful and relaxing stay in Waikanae

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Over the last five years, I have been recommending Te Rimu to friends and our own overseas visitors based on my enjoyment as a guest. The home features natural NZ timbers in a serene and beautiful setting away from the city but close to all amenities and many places of interest to visitors. Every room looks out over garden and native bush with birdsong from tuis among others. The bedrooms are comfortable, the bathroom well-appointed, and the Cordon Bleu standard of cuisine a wonderful bonus.
What I like best is the thoughtfulness of the warm-hearted hostess.
What I like least is that I have less cause to stay since we built our own small bach near the beach close by!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Te Rimu B&B? Share your experiences!