I was heading back to the jersey shore last weekend for the first time since Hurricane Sandy and after many years being away. I wasn't really sure what to expect. But we found a room at the Starlight and it was a great experience.
First of all, I want to say that the owners were really accommodating. They have a 2 night minimum stay on summer weekends, but they waived this for us since we would only be in town for one night. They let us check in early and check out a couple hours late.
The room was very simple, but it was clean and functional. Great minifridge, good air conditioning. Clean shower, comfortable bed. The pool was really nice, and my husband and I enjoyed the fact that there is a little patio to sit out at, since we have a one year old who goes to bed at 6:30 PM!
This is a great place to head for a few nights with your family. We were really iimpressed with everything the hotel owners have done to restore and improve their business following hurricane sandy. We would definitely come back and I would absolutely recommend this place to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starlight has been and continues to be the ideal spot for a perfect New Jersey Shore family vacation, reunion, or weekend retreat. We take great pride in our impeccable reputation for cleanliness, hospitality, and attention to detail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Motel & Luxury Hotel Ortley Beach
- Starlight Motel And Luxury Suites
- Starlight Hotel Apartments
- Starlight Hotel Toms River