“Surprise near the Shore” 4 of 5 stars

Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites
1963 Route 35 North, Ortley Beach, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Surprise near the Shore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Had to stay here for a few days on a business trip and was quite pleased with this motel. The decor is very nice and the rooms are quite clean and spacious. The kitchen is an added bonus with lots of cutlery and dishware. Didn't get a chance to use the sofabed but the extra sleeping area is appreciated.

Clean, updated and spacious. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at the Starlight Motel with a group of 10 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 toddler. We had 4 rooms altogether and had plenty of room. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. Loved that they had a fridge and microwave. The suites were great for the families. The pool was very nice. We were celebrating a family member's 50th birthday and the staff encouraged us to have our party on the second floor patio - even offered to loan us a cooler. Managment was friendly and helpful. It was nice that there were gas grills for guest use and that we were within walking distance to beach (1 block) and Seaside Hieghts (15 minute walk or 5 minute bike ride).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We went as a couple for July 4th weekend and then again the first week of August with 11 year old twin girls. The suites are perfect for a family - all the rooms are super clean and comfortable. Having the kitchen was great! The motel's location is the best... right across from the arcade & mini golf; walking distance to restaurants, delis, stores and a block from the beach! Only a 5 minute drive to the Seaside boardwalk and to the marina for jet skiing, fishing and boating. The staff were all helpful and made the week very enjoyable. The pool was always clean and refreshing. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
nazareth, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family of 5 recently stayed at the Starlight! What a great hotel. It was SO SO clean! The rooms were spacious. We saved a ton of money by preparing breakfast and lunch in the fabulous kitchen in the room, and eating out in the courtyard. I LOVED the washer and dryer in the room too. It was GREAT to come home and not have to do a million loads of laundry :) My kids loved the pool. They also loved that the beach was a block away. It was not crowded, and we had fantastic weather. The 15 minute walk to the Seaside boardwalk was just right. I really don't think I would have liked to stay right in Seaside.....a bit too loud for my taste. The Starlight was nice and quiet and relaxing. Just what we were looking for. We met many people who agreed that the Starlight was the best in town. Keep up the great work....and we hope to see you again soon!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you so very much for the fantastic review. We pride ourselves in our rooms and the cleaniness of the establishment. We are also very proud of our staff and how hard everyone works to to make the Starlight what it is. We have been a family owned and run business since 1972 and have built up our following and reputation by wonderful guests like you!
The Poconos PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was my 1st stay here with my twin boys who are 10 years old. The Motel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and courteous. They did whatever they could do to make your stay a pleasant one.

I knew the staff on a 1st name basis and they also knew me and my sons. I like the convenience of having Barnacle Bills which is an arcade across the street and you also had the beach right there. If you chose not to go to the beach, you had the luxury of their heated swimming pool...which was also clean.

Joey Harrison's Surf Club was a few blocks down as well my boys and I walked approx 15 blocks every night to the boardwalk for rides and games.

They have an A&P Supermarket nearby if you want to take advantage of the BBQ's they have on the premises,as well a local CVS.

Even though I was weary having my boys there because I knew there would be high school and college graduates there partying, all the guests were respectable with having my boys there.

I definitely want to go back and I would highly recommend it!!!

~Janine

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We have been going to Seaside since we were teens and I must say, our tastes have definitely changed since then! We wanted the action of the boardwalk but were not at all interested in staying in a sleazy Seaside Heights motel. We wound up booking a large suite and were pleasantly surprised! The room looked identical to the pictures online and was very clean with modern updates like granite counters and tile floors. The pool was heated, which is great with a little one. You can walk to the boardwalk in Seaside for the rides and if you're like us, go for morning walks on the Lavallette boardwalk. The beach is a block away, which is the only thing I would change, if I could since we love staying right on the beach. On Saturday night we did see some "20-somethings' check in and they were partying a little but definitely not anything crazy like you would see in Seaside. All and all, I would recommend staying here and in fact, we just booked two more weekends with our daughter for this summer and can't wait to get back down there!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
StarlightHotel, Owner at Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Thank you for your review and staying with us. Memorial Day is always a mix of mid twenties to older adults. We are thrilled you had a wonderful time and are so happy that you will be spending more time at the Starlight. Thanks for mentioning that the pictures on our website exactly represent our establishment. See you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

We have been Staying at the starlight for 15 years. It is a time we look forward to every July to get away and spend quality time with some dear friends! The starlight is a family friendly environment, and they truly care about their guests, it's like a home away from home all these years, and for years to come. Thank you starlight owners and staff for make our stay all these years memorable ones! Kim, Marcella and the rest of the girls!! Woohoo!!!

• Stayed July 2010
Thank you for your wonderful review. Hopefully we will be spending another 15 years together !

Been to Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!