“Perfect local getaway!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ortley Beach
Howell, New Jersey
“Perfect local getaway!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This was the first time we have stayed at the starlight and is now our family tradition!!! We have been driving back and forth to the beach for many years, and a friend recommended the starlight. We decided to give it a try and fell in love!! The first thing I noticed was that when I called to book our reservation I spoke to a friendly person who was very knowledgable and helpful. I hate going through recorded prompts on the phone! Michelle helped me choose the best value for my budget and for the needs of my family of five. As Monmouth county residents we have never stayed locally, and ventured to Ortley Beach for fun! We had more than we could ever imagine!!! The room was immaculate and beautiful, the property extremely well maintained and clean, the location was awesome....so close to everything. Boardwalk, beach, extremely clean pool, great local restaurants. I do not miss driving back and forth to the beach at all, and neither does my husband:-) We have been long time New Jersey residents and never knew that a jewel was so close by. As we were leaving we felt like we were leaving family, and have already made our reservations for the next summer! Thank you Starlight!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tappan, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Great family place one block from the beautiful ocean. We have stayed here at least 3 times in past 6 years.

Budd Lake, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

The Starlight is across the street from an arcade and the miniture golf. It is one block from the beach and you can walk to the boardwalk. They are close to CVS and the A & P. There are lots of little shops to pick up souveniors. If you have young teens and you get a room on the second floor you can sit on the balcony and watch the kids at the arcade. My parents have been bringing me and my sister and brother to the Starlight since we were little. I'm thrilled to say that we are now able to bring our kids and they range in age from 13 to 18 and we kept our family tradition going. The memories we have made are priceless. With great sadness we have lost my father and brother, but whenever we are at the Starlight we have all those amazing memories!! We love Michelle and Ron and of course Bill. We all look forward to our next vacation at the Starlight every year from the day before we check out. We always book the same room and week for the following year before we leave.

Room Tip: First floor for small kids and second for older
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I love this place. i have gone there since I was about 2 years old with my family and now we are going down with my niece how is 2. They have such a warm and welcoming staff that makes your stay as wonderful and comfortable as can be. The rooms are beautiful and have everything you need for your stay and a beautiful pool for the children.

Garnerville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We have been going to the Starlight for the past 20 or so years, and always look forward to making our reservation for the summer, especially because this past winter was so harsh.
Our experience as a family has always been fun we enjoy the people and staff and the location is perfect for us.

North Arlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My family began going to the Starlight over 35 years ago when I was a child and now our family carries on the tradition. The rooms are roomy and well kept. The staff is always pleasant and accommodating especially Ron who goes out of his way to satisfy guests. I can honestly say that vacationing in the Jersey shore wouldn't be the same without staying at the Starlight!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
cliffside park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My family has been going here for many years and the children have developed some great friendships over the years due to the return of some great families year after year. If you want to start your own family tradition then the place to call "Home" for vacation is the Starlight!! There is also an arcade directly across the street so while you relax at the pool, the big kids can go to the arcade, and the beach is one block away. Hope you and your family enjoy it as much as our family does.

Room Tip: Get the large apartment for 4 or more
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!