“Perfect Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Dreams Rentals

You added Tropical Dreams Rentals to your Saves list
Tropical Dreams Rentals
I - 95 | Eleuthera, Bahamas, North Palmetto Point, Eleuthera (Formerly Tropical Dreams Motel Resort)   |
Duarte, California
“Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My daughter and I (80 years old) stayed at Tropical Dreams and don't have enough compliments to express our enjoyment at having a most pleasant home to come back to after our daily trips and having fun getting lost and otherwise. Our room with kitchette was so comfortable and pretty we felt we were in Shangri-la. Bathroon, air conditioner and all facilities were perfect. Love the floral sheets on the beds which were also comfy. Sammy and Rose were especially helpful, as are most Bahamians, in giving us directions which we needed. Our vacation just didn't last long enough (1 Week) and we could easily come visit the same place again.

Room Tip: Room 6, perfect for 2 people
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ichikawa-shi, Chiba, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at Tropical Dreams based on the reviews we read here and were NOT disappointed. We weren't looking for anything too fancy since we planned on spending all our time on the beautiful nearby (by car) beaches. The owners, Rose and Sammy, were incredibly personable and helpful. Sammy recommended some excellent restaurants and sights to see. He told us about the local grocery store and after my wife and I drove around without being able to find it, we asked him for directions. Instead of drawing us a map, Sammy hopped in his car and lead us there.

We ended up staying in the suite. It was clean with a nice kitchen complete with all the pots, pans, and cutlery we needed, which was perfect for cooking breakfast before a day at the beach.

We had such a nice trip that we're planning to go back to Eleuthera again. When we do, we will definitely be staying at Tropical Dreams.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a wonderful example of 'you get what you pay for'. Very clean and simple, no pool. I think this is the most inexpensive place to stay on Eleuthera. If you're on Eleuthera you need to rent a car and see the island, and Tropical Dreams is centrally located and there are a number of good restaurants within a short drive or walk.

Rose the owner was very helpful. She checked in regularly, but not in a nosy way. She was also helpful with directions and advice.

A/C unit was right next to the bed, so it was a bit loud. The bed was a bit hard, but aren't all beds in Mexico/Caribbean hard? I still slept well and I'm fussy.

If you want an upscale resort, don't even come to Eleuthera. Stick to Nassau or some other place in the Caribbean.

If you're on Eleuthera, you need to spend one day to drive north to Harbour Island; rent a golf cart, and spend another day and drive south to Lighthouse Beach--beware the last three or four miles are ROUGH road, but this beach is out of this world. Mate and Jenny's for pizza.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for a couple days before we got into our house we rented. We got one of the 1 bedroom efficency, and it was perfect. It had a comfortable bed, a microwave, and a good sized fridge. Sammy was great, a very nice Eleutheran, as all of them are, but he was especially helpful and sociable. He showed us the other rooms they had when we were checking out, and they were amazing! The suite and two-bedroom portions of the hotel are huge! You could definitely stay in them for an extended amount of time. And it's a great price. It's two minutes from the ocean, and there is a bar, a couple restaurants, and convenience stores nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my first trip to Eleuthera and I found out about this place on Tripadvisor. I have to say that all the previous reviews have been totally accurate. The proprietors, Rose and Sammy, are some of the loveliest people I have met on the island (and I have only met nice people here!). They are warm, welcoming, friendly, helpful, just a delight! And we became friends, and I miss them! The efficiency I stayed it was perfect! It had everything you needed, including all the basics (like TP, dishwashing soap, trash bags, etc...). It was immaculately clean!!!
It is a great place to stay and explore the island, as it is centrally located on a very long and spread out island. Best food is at Tippy's, some 4 miles or so "around the corner". Get used to driving long distances, and high prices for food and drinks (and just about everything). But the genuine nice and friendly people make up for it, a true Bahamian experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

So glad I found the Tropical Dreams Motel. My efficiency was perfect and had a stove, microwave and refrigerator included. Sammy and Rose Sands made my stay a perfect delight. Cannot wait till I can come back. Highly recommend this centrally located motel.

Room Tip: The efficiency had plenty of room for two!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Tropical Dreams for 3 nights in September. It was my first time visiting Eleuthera. We had a wonderful stay. Our unit was spotless. So clean and well equipped (microwave, large fridge, stove, dishes, etc). Even cleaning products (dish soap and bleach) were provided! The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was large, with hot water and nice towels and soap provided. It was nice to be able to cook a meal and we also loved the balcony view from our room. Free wi-fi and cable included as well. The owners were so friendly and hospitable. The rooms are private and quiet. The only drawback is there is no swimming pool and it is isolated. We rented a car to tour the island and had a great time. Other than that, I highly recommend this motel. You will have a truly relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor. All of the rooms are nicely designed and decorated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropical Dreams Rentals? Share your experiences!