“Close to the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Apartment Kuta A1

You added Apartment Kuta A1 to your Saves list
Apartment Kuta A1
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Jalan Kubu Anyar No.43, Kuta, Lombok 123456, Indonesia   |
Ranked #14 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Kuta
Brisbane, Australia
“Close to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here recently for 2 nights before flying out of Denpasar to our next destination. It was reasonably clean, air-conditioned and 5 minutes away from the airport which is exactly what we wanted. Wouldn't recommend it to a holiday maker visiting Bali. The staff weren't exactly professional or helpful but for a low-budget style hotel I would recommend it to anyone needing to be close to the airport (5 minute taxi ride in a Blue Bird meter taxi - roughly 13,000rp / $1.30 AUD)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Modern looking and reasonably clean, not 'new' anymore. Air Con and Wifi is good. Bed mattress and pillows were a bit hard - we solved issues by a trip to Carrefour shopping centre after we checked in (bought cheap soft pillows, an extra sheet, and a kettle). Theres no fridge, so we took a cooler bag and bought a bag of ice ($1) each day from the minimart at the end of the lane - OR you could just fill the basin in the bedroom with ice (and a half a dozen bintangs) each day . Theres no safe, so we locked our suitcases, put them in the big black wardrobe, and locked the wardrobe handles with a bike lock.
Not much else to do there, so if your out shopping, eating, touring all day its not to bad a place to sleep at.

Room Tip: First Floor rooms may be quieter away from the pool - but ground floor residents seem to own all the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great low-cost budget resort with friendly helpful staff and a large pool. Basic but clean rooms (this is a budget joint) are set around the swimming pool.

Just be warned if you’re out drinking that the next morning you may have kids at the pool from 7am screaming and shouting accompanied by their oblivious parents on their laptops – a hangover nightmare!

This is an excellent place to stay in for a night if you’re just transiting to another (better) area of Bali.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Phuket
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Wifi is dexcent to good in most rooms, pool is good and clean, and the rooms are okey for the price.

Location is average, value for money the same.

I would stay here again only if other places with the same price and quality was full.

But there is nothing significantly wrong with place, so don't be put off.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, test the connectivity in different rooms, the router is on the second floor toward...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I wish I didn't check out from The Quest, my kids were getting sleepy, we needed a place to wind down before going to airport at night. So we found this place quite recommended by tripadvisor, I really liked the simplicity of this place. The pool is ok for my kids. But I hate the brown color bedsheets & bedcover. The rooms smell "soggy".
Anyways, because we paid through Agoda, we just bear with it. Stayed there for total 4 hours.at least My kids got their naps.
Location is 5mins away from airport.
Friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I picked this hotel after reading the positive reviews on Asia rooms and decided to book a two night stay. Upon arrival, we were looking forward to checking in after a long 8 hour flight. When we got to the check in desk, they informed us that we did not have a reservation. I gave them the confirmation number and told them repeatedly that we had made a reservation. They continued to tell us that we had made a mistake. All of this occurred in broken English and empty stares. The staff continued to misinterpret my words and met my frustration with a vacant look, making me even more aggravated. After 45 minutes of miscommunication, they finally allowed us to check into the room. We though that the room would be paid for through Asia rooms. We were wrong. They told us they did not take cards and that they only accept cash payment. There is no ATM on the premises. We had to beg them to let us check in without paying since we did not have enough cash.

The room was bare. There were no soaps, shampoos, cups, nothing. There was no extra toilet paper. The water pressure was non existent. We found a cockroach in our room, and when I alerted the staff, they misunderstood and brought me a blanket???!! After screaming "cockroach" several times, they finally got it and gave me bug spray. It took us 10 minutes to find and kill the cockroach, with no assistance from the staff. Once again, we were met with blank stares when I complained about the roach to the staff and the manager.

When we checked out, I asked for a discount on the room rate considering all the inconvenience the hotel put us through. They did not budge. They said " this is not a 5 star hotel" and continued to say " we did not put that bug in the room". They did not show regret or make any kind of concession to ease our discomfort. I told them that I would never recommend this hotel and they just responded "we need to pay Asia Rooms and we cannot give any discounts." After 20 minutes of arguing, we conceded.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bogor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed there 5 nights and it was a pleasant stay. This new hotel is located near the airport and a bit far from the beach. Booked the hotel via agoda and had a cheaper rate than direct booking to the hotel (around $30 via agoda).

The room was spacious and clean, considering its price then I should say this is a great value for money. The room is equipped with lcd tv and cable, though I have a problem with the tv remote but I guess it's not a big deal. You will find enough space for your luggage in the closet too. Wifi access is available but the connection from my room was poor (wifi connection in my friend's room was better). Bathroom was okay, clean toilet, hot and cold water available.

The pool was nice, seemed greenish but It's clean. This hotel doesn't serve complimentary breakfast but you can order a breakfast for $3 per person (you can get cheaper meal at warungs outside the hotel for $1-2). Mineral water, coffee, and tea are provided for free at the lobby.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Apartment Kuta A1? Share your experiences!