“Great time in Kuta nad Mimi Manis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mimpi Manis Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuta
Mimpi Manis Homestay
You added Mimpi Manis Homestay to your Saves list
Jalan Raya Mong | Desa Mong, Kuta, Lombok, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 30 Kuta B&B and Inns
Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
“Great time in Kuta nad Mimi Manis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We (Frecnh-German couple) only spent two nights at Mimpis, but it was really a good choice. Our room was clean and cosy! It´s perfect that you can rent scooters from Made and Gemma, which is much less stress than at the market. We also had the luck to do the introduction tour to see some of the best beaches around Kuta! Normally they offer it if you stay at least 3 nights but they are so friendly and welcoming. Hopefully we have the chance to come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at Mimpi Manis Homestay for a week in August and have to thank Gemma, Made and their staff for making my trip to Lombok such a wonderful experience. Hospitality and facilities were second to none.... And one of the highlights of the week was catching a barracuda while out fishing with Made (shore thing) and then having it cooked that night at Mimpi Manis.....delicious!! I would thoroughly recommend all visitors to Kuta to check it out! I hope to be back before too long.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

What a wonderful place. Gemma and Madi are wonderful hosts. If you stay three nights there is a complimentary 'orientation' tour that is invaluable. I would never have found the beach that became my favourite spot from the entire holiday.

Gemma does everything to make your stay enjoyable. The girls that prepare the meals, clean and do the laundry were so helpful and the food was lovely and some of the best value meals I have had. From chocolate pancakes to a full sausage/bacon/eggs breakfast plus some great evening meals. Madi can be booked for fishing trips and, when I stayed, the successful fishermen shared their spoils for the evening meal.

There is a TV and DVD in each flat and a massive DVD collection available for free. Sure there is the blaring loudspeaker from the nearby Mosque a couple of times each day/night and it is a short drive from the beach, but it is worth it. Once you have hired a bike (motor or push) you can get anywhere.

I had booked the second half of my stay at the big resort down the road and the friendliness, personal attention and meals were sorely missed. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed with Gemma and family for 2 nights, we were made to feel very welcome and they went out of their way to arrange things to help us out! Staff were lovely and breakfast was delicious! I have absolutely in complaints at that price it was more than we could have asked for. The orientation tour was a brilliant bonus which we really enjoyed and we made some friends that we hope to stay in touch with. I felt happy and safe during my stay and I really hope to return again in the future! I wish Gemma and made the best of luck with their business. Thank you guys!

Room Tip: No fitness centre or swimming pool but I couldn't remove my rating!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been in Kuta for almost 3 months. Gemma is an awesome host alongside her sidekick husband Madi. The service was personal that she also invited me to dinner on numerous occasions. The happiest time was where she personally cooked the best indian meal (which us british consume alot of) for me as I had not had any for over 2 months.

All I can say is WOW, she even made naan bread from scratch!! If this is not service, I do not know what is!! My stay with Mimpi Manis has been most pleasant and recommend Mimpi Manis homestay. The fact she has been in Indonesia for well over 12 years tells me she has a lot of local knowledge and experience. Any time I have been stuck she has pointed me in the right direction.

I advise any travellers especially westerners who are travelling or may be stuck to visit Gemma and say hi, she is the most friendliest individual I have met and always has time to banter with you.

I can't wait to come back to Kuta!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Made and Gemma are really nice people and great hosts. They care about you and provide you with everything you need. They arrange fishing trips, surf lessons, scooter rental and transport services - also they sell the cheapest water on the whole island.

The rooms are quite nice and clean. And the staff is really helpful and clean the rooms on request. The food and breakfast is also very good!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at Mimpi Manis in May 2013 and it was awesome. I only intended staying 1 week but ended up staying for 2 weeks. At the end of my stay, Gemma and the great staff held a leaving dinner which was a great way to say goodbye.

The rooms are big, the beds super comfy and bathroom huge and clean. My room had a TV and DVD player and I was able to pick new and old movies from the extensive DVD library.

The food was varied and good value and when Made had a good day fishing, the fresh fish was superb.

I recommend Mimpi Manis to anyone looking for a very comfortable, friendly stay in Kuta, Lombok. I will be back again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Mimpi Manis Homestay? Share your experiences!