“Amazing views amazingly friendly service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lydshaw Bed & Breakfast

Lydshaw Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northam
Lydshaw Bed & Breakfast
You added Lydshaw Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
6 Century Drive | Westward Ho, Northam, Bideford EX39 1BG, England   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Northam B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Amazing views amazingly friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as a weekend break. Joanne and Jem couldn't have been any more helpful or friendly; nothing was too much trouble, from lending us walking books to helping me rinse off my wet suit. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at lydshaw b&b with my boyfriend and my parents whilst on a round the world trip and visiting family in Devon. We stayed 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The house is warm and cosy, the view from our room was amazing and the breakfast was excellent. The house is in a great location, the hosts are lovely and make you feel immediately at home. I would recommend lydshaw as a fantastic place to stay in Devon if you're looking for a welcoming, warm home away from home!

• Stayed January 2013
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hosts of this quite lovely B&B are Joanne & Jem... Quite frankly, they are Gems!!!!!
My Mother and I visited here and found that the hosts were both very pleasant and informative of the area with a mixture of humour to boot! I couldn't believe how you immediately felt at ease with this lovely B& B! It is probably one of the most comfortable and clean B&Bs I have ever been in! The breakfasts were also very tasty... and definitely abundant! I hope to visit sometime again in the future! Being from Canada, it won't be soon.... but when we do, this place will be on our list to see if there is availability! BTW, if you have a chance to listen to their daughter's CD... Do so! She has such a beautiful voice!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paris, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped at this B and B en route to Cornwall. What a place! Our twin room was spotless with amazing views of the ocean from our room, the gardens and the breakfast room. The guest bathroom is shared between the two rooms, in a wing of their own. The bathroom is large, with a shower and soaker tub and equipped with all sorts of spa-like toiletries. The breakfast was delightful and served in such tranquil surroundings. Joanne was an amazing host...We hated to leave.

Room Tip: Either is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We traveled to Northam as we wanted to see the place where our ancestor, William Blackmore (b.1602) had lived before sailing to America. I live in Leesburg, Virginia.
We were unprepared for the beauty of the place and could not have been more pleased with the hospitality, accommodations and delicious breakfast at Lydshaw.
My son and his wife had one room and I had the other. The bathroom was spotless and had everything we needed and the bedrooms had such amazing views of the harbor below. we enjoyed our stay very much and look forward to visiting again.
I would highly recommend this lovely little B&B to anyone wanting to explore North Devon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Lydshaw is a small bed and breakfast located in North Devon on the outskirts of Northam, between Bideford and Appledore. The b+b comes with the benefit of amazing panoramic views of the coast out towards Lundy Island. It would be a 10-15 minute walk into Northam for pubs and the locally famous Memories restaurant.

I arrived at night by Taxi and took a short while to find the property because the road splits in two (it's the lower fork that you need!).

The b+b is run by husband and wife team Jem and Joanne who are friendly and welcoming. The house has only recently been converted into a b+b and so is particularly clean, fresh and well appointed.

The guest area is an annex to the house and comprises a double room, twin room and separate bathroom. I was advised that they only take one booking at a time so that if you only need one room you still have your own dedicated bathroom. The fact that the annexe has two rooms next to each other makes it perfect for families.

The bathroom was clean and well stocked with shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, moisturiser and even body scrub! There is a bath and separate shower.

On arrival I was welcomed by Jem and offered a lovely cup of tea. My room also had its own tea and coffee making facilities and some nice biscuits. The room also had a small tv with freeview channels. The room also has a large window with direct views of the coastline, a nice treat in the morning!

I was travelling alone and was given the twin room. If pushed my only criticism would be that I would have preferred a thicker mattress so if I have cause to be in the area again I would ask for the double room.

Before bed I was asked for my breakfast preferences including what time I would like it. They offer full English cooked to your liking as well as cereals, juice and toast. The breakfast was cooked perfectly and really set me up for the day. It is served in a large conservatory with great views. They have a large garden and I would expect in the summer it would be perfect for dining outside.

The room including breakfast was £40 for single occupancy and would have been £60 for double occupancy which I thought was good value given the views, great breakfast and quality of the property.

All in all I would say Lydshaw is a great and it would be first choice if I was back in the area again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Lydshaw certainly delivers on all fronts. The welcome is warm and friendly and the rooms are so well equipped with generous tea making facilities and biscuits. Each guest gets a pile of towels with products available in the bathroom.
The view is as sensational as the breakfast. We got fresh pate with a selection of breads, preserves, cereals, fresh fruit then a huge choice of cooked breakfast using local produce.
Truly worth coming back for.

Room Tip: Both rooms are large with magnificent views.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Lydshaw Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!