Booked a table but got lost and turned up an hour late,the place was packed but they still managed to get us a table .The food was excellent and particularly Ian who served us our drinks and food he was run off his feet but still gave us wonderful service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few miles from Exeter, this unique 19th century lodge offers characterful yet convenient budget accommodation in the heart of Devon.Originally a brewhouse, skittle alley and stables, The St George and Dragon now provides a handy base for exploring Dartmoor National Park or the unspoilt beaches of two coastlines. As well as 21 relaxing rooms, it's home to a cosy, traditional pub - so if you love the food, drink and atmosphere of a classic country inn, you're in exactly the right place.Nestled in the pretty village of Clyst St George near Topsham, the lodge is surrounded by farms and historic buildings, including medieval Powderham Castle. Nature fans will love the acres of ancient moorland and the National's Trust's huge Killerton House Estate, which are both just a short distance away.Exeter itself is also well worth a visit, with its magnificent Gothic Cathedral, mysterious medieval underground passages and bustling quayside area full of shops and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Exeter - St George & Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St George And Dragon Vintage Inn, Innkeeper`s Lodge
- St George & Dragon Vintage Inn, Innkeeper`s Hotel Clyst Saint George