I spent 4 weeks in Oct '12 doing a Teachers' Training Course here and what an amazing experience it was. Perhaps a little bias since I spent a long time here but there was certainly no cutting back in terms of hospitality and friendship I have fostered during my stay with my course-mates and the Staff & Management of Phu Chaisai.
The views are breathtaking; set on a hilltop, every morning we wake up for meditation to a beautiful sunrise. Rays of light penetrate through the clouds; morning walks to other parts of the hill like the oolong tea leave plantation was so meditative and allowed us to pluck the very leaves of the tea that we drank everyday.
The vegetarian menu, which was part of the course, made me realize that going vegetarian isn't that difficult; the food was amazing! All vegetables organically grown nearby, much thanks must be addressed to the creative kitchen staff for serving the best detox diet ever without having to starve nor crave for anything meat. Incredible! That mini baguette with homemade jams like Lemon, Mulberry, Passionfruit (!!!) is divine-licious.
I went to Phu Chaisai quite by accident, to do a course. But what made the month-long course so bearable and much-missed, is truly the hospitality extended to us; because even though we were "only" there to do a course, not unlike a large group on a packaged tour, no expenses were spared to make our stay comfortable. For example, laundry service was very prompt; give it to them in the morning and you'd get it back in the evening. Sure there will be a few bugs like mosquitoes and ants being in an open hilltop surrounded by forestation; but never was it un-bearable.
Steven, the GM, is himself a humble, simple guy whom just wants to make your stay as comfortable as he can. He has given us tips and guided tours around the area as well as arranged for us visit to other parts of Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai.
Thank you Phu Chaisai for the positive changes I have made in my life; through the TTC as well as the sincere friendship and hospitality you have shared with me.
I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close by but a world away, Phu Chaisai is the iconic Northern Thailand destination resort and one of the first boutique resorts of Thailand and first to incorporate lifestyle and wellness into the holiday experience; For example, yoga and organically grown produce. Set among 500 hectare of unspoiled and lush subtropical mountain forest, peace and tranquility await you at Phu Chaisai. Choose from four room categories: bamboo cottages, mountain cottages, authentic Thai wooden houses, and grande deluxe cottages. All lodging incorporates natural building materials like bamboo and leaf covered roofs to blend into the natural surroundings. There are over sixty seasonal activities and excursions available, from trekking and horseback riding to mediation and yoga. Phu Chaisai is noted for its gentle Northern Thai hospitality, authentic regional Thai cuisine and open-air spa, which offers exceptional value as well as highly skilled therapists. Phu Chaisai is a perfect destination for travelers seeking tranquility and self discovery as part of a fun and enjoyable holiday. At Phu Chaisai you will discover there is no television in our rooms. You may also discover yourself. Phu Chaisai: because sometimes it’s about how you feel in a place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Hotel Mae Chan
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort And Spa
- Hotel Phu Chaisai Mountain
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort & Spa Thailand/Chiang Rai Province, Asia