“Enchanted Destination” 5 of 5 stars

Muntinlupa City, Rizal, Philippines
3 attraction reviews
“Enchanted Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have always been looking forward of coming back to Boracay as the place for me is so cool that makes me yearn to come over again. However, because of the expensive flights, though there were some promo fares coming, I still can't go back there since I categorized myself as a budget traveller. Then, I discovered that Hundred Islands is even better than Boracay. I came to travel with the whole family and we altogether enjoyed island hopping there, though there were jellyfish that sting my neice in the last island that we hopped in, Children's Island. Our tour guide also passed by the famous islands like the Bat Island, Turtle Island, Cathedral, etc. Enchanting it is, we really enjoyed our summer getaway in Pangasinan.

Visited May 2013

Makati, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
“Beauty of the Archipelago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

It was a cool adventure! We rented a motorized banca for Php 1200 to take us around the islands. I was fascinated by the beautiful crystal clear waters, the white sandy beaches of uninhabited islands and the smile of the local and foreign tourists that you meet in the islands.

These group of islands have something to offer for every visitor. Children's Island is a safe for kids as the waters are shallow. Governor's Island gives you the feeling of how it is to live in an island with no neighbors. The BIG BROTHER Philippine Edition has built a house on top of this island which gives you a scenic view of the surroundings.

For some stress-release, we jumped off an "underwater cave" over at Marcos Island. It was exhilarating and fun!

For picnics, there's a bigger island that provides cabanas or spaces where you could just pitch your tent for an overnight getaway.

I truly enjoyed snorkeling at the sanctuary. The corals are so alive, the colorful fishes swimming around. This is also the giant clams sanctuary.

Marine life is so diverse, the waters are crystal clear and the hundreds islands scattered all over the area is just wonderful!

Nature at its best.

makati
“it's a paradise out there- surprisingly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I plus a couple of friends went to hundred islands for one whole day of island hopping. There were plenty of boatmen who will offer you different deals and if you're good in haggling, you can get as much as only 300 per head plus free snorkling gears and one whole day island trip- thanks to my husband who is a local in the area. The islands have their ows unique qualities but you just have to choose the best. Quezon and Governor islands are two of most developed islands (you can cook lunch and stay overnight) but other islands are good for taking pictures/snorkling for huge corals and diving underwater. And if you plan to have lunch in other islands, you have to bring your own mini burner. just don't forget to bring Sunscreen, Large Sunhat (it's expensive if you buy there), sarong or wrap around, lots of food and water, camera/waterproof case, money (of course), your own snorklng gear, and extra clothes. Ice costs 10 times expensive though. There's also an option to stay in Alaminos or check resorts in the area. I might have missed a couple of things to bring but nonetheless, it's more fun in the philippines!

Angeles City, Philippines
“Hundred islands suprised it was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We rented a medium banka for 1400 peso full trip. The islands were ok but swimming and snorkling was great and no pressure to continue or trip over. The boat crew very polite and helpfull not pushing things on us as normal and let us enjoy! Will return with family since it is a place that impress me and i really like riding the boat between the islands. The bat island was interesting will all the big bats hanging there. Worth every penny!

Manila, Philippines
“it's a getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

my roadtrip to the hundred islands with friends was a cool adventure. getting away from the stresses of metro manila, having to hop from one island to another and enjoying the white sand beach of romulo island where we just dipped in the blue water and even played volleyball. very relaxing indeed. would love to come back sometime.

Visited March 2013