My wife and I stayed one night on our recent trip to Belize. The following morning we were on our way to San Ignacio Cayo We pick this place so we do not have to stay in Belize City. But that is not the only reason to stay here. The hotel is very nice. The folks are freindly. We talked with the owner Doug and he showed us the new 11 room building being constructed. We talked to Beverly who is a kind soul. Her mom Evelyn is the cook there and the food is fantastic. The last time we were there we went to church with Beverly's Mom Evelyn and her father. We feel like we are home with family when we stay here. This is truly the Belize experience and we sure appreciate it. The rooms are large, clean and have nice comfortable beds. There are ceiling fans and air conditioning. As I said the food is fantastic. The resort is on the river and it is just up the road from the Community Baboon Sanctuary. My wife and I have a few more things we want to do in Belize and when we go back we will stay again at the Black Orchid Resort. Go and enjoy and say hi to all my freinds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom