I just returned from the Black Orchid and must say that it was a very pleasurable experiance. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. We had breakfast two mornings and it was tasty and served promptly. The lime juice was wonderful. The pool was a welcome relief from tired muscles and the quiet atmosphere made for a very relaxing visit. If you are looking for action, this is not the place. It was just what we needed. The entire staff was exceptional, but the person who stood out was Beverly. She is a gem. She made sure that we were taken care of, and even drove us to our cave tubing adventure. We had a wonderful time with her. We rented a car, which we later found out was the owners SUV ( he was out of town ) and went over to the San Ignagcio area and visited Mayan ruins. The only thing I missed was a coffee pot in the room, but the room was spacious. well decorated and had a very nice patio/deck area. So, I guess the lack of a coffee pot could be overlooked since the restaurant was only a few steps away. I would recommend the Black Orchid especially for those starting or ending their trips to Belize. You won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Despegar.com so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom