“THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I'VE EVER WRITTEN A BAD REVIEW” 2 of 5 stars

Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Triple B Road, Pasol, Alcoy 6023, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Alcoy B&B and Inns
Riverbank, California
“THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I'VE EVER WRITTEN A BAD REVIEW”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The thing that sticks in my mind the most is the "padded bill" when we left. After I left, I noticed a P3,300 charge cleverly hidden in the bill and marked "other". I tried numerous times to contact them , but the English e-mail address is no longer working and the German e-mails bounced back.
The fan rooms at the resort have a nice view, but are well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 39 Celsius.
The manager apparently played for some second rate rock band in Europe and was too busy getting a show ready to really take care of the guests, and he flat lied to our face room changes.
Food was very good , but pricey.
The managers continually wanted to take us on all kinds of side trips,
One of the other guests had the resort take them whale shark watching and they were charged P1,500 , we hopped on the bus and it cost 70 or 80 pesos for the same trip.
I rented motorcycles myself for 1/2 of what the resort charged.
I will not stay there again, and as I said this is the first bad review I've ever written.

Room Tip: if you have to stay here, get an air-conditioned room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Inhaber at Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Now we want to show how to be a professional. I explain to all the readers of lies told in this “review”.
Headline: 1st time I write....: This is the second time. This review appeared a few weeks ago at Booking com also.
In this case there was a mistake by the guest in booking. It was booked a low budget room but the guest decided to have a high class room. For this rooms were fully booked we should apologize for this. But the mistake was done by the guest and we saw no reason to apologize.
Next point is: I was to busy with my music so I cannot care abourt the guests and I lied.... Wow-the truth is that I was in the city next day . Why. I had to buy the meet for our cuisine. That is 100 km away and I do that 2 times every week to offer the best quality in food. That also explains the minimal higher price. We are at half of the city prices.So everybody can see that we really care personally to our guests and the reason for my absence had nothing to do with my former career as a high class musician. So we really don´t understand what this has to do with the resort. Here this is pointed out as not taking care for the customers for I personally go to the city to prove the best quality in food. And I lied? Why. I said that we will change the rooms 2 times without extra charge for the effort we had caused by the guest´s mistake in booking. The guest wanted that we book out other guests in the high class rooms to give it to them. We didn´t accept this and everyone reading this it is to understand.All other things mentioned here referre to an external püartner here in the resort. The guest wanted information about the trips . the resort partner informed detailed about the opportunities. Here it is shown as pressing to do this trips. And of course going with an individual driver and guid in an individual transportation vehicle is more expensive than going with hundreds of people by bus. The same it is with the motorbike. A bike with permanent maintenance and new brakes and wheels is of course more expensive than this 100 Peso vehicles which are to rent outside.
So we can resume:
The first lie is in the headline. Common some guest want to have high class service for low budget price. This is not in the target of our resort. We see something special in every guest and try to treat them individually appropriated to the needs and desires of the guest. For this Bodo´s is special and incomparable in our area and that we want to be paid in a fair level. Most of our turnover comes to our employees cause we aim the target to improve the situation of the Philippines within our possibilities. This is not to realize with guest who want to have everything done but nothing to pay for. So if a guest have no intention to be fair than the resume is a review like this. Who really is lying the valued reader can decide on his own.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cebu, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

When we made our reservation four weeks ahead based on some photos we had seen posted by an aquaintance we were a little apprehensive. We wanted our mini-vacation to be special and different as we were celebrating our 18th Wedding Anniversary with our six boys. The site said the beach was close by and we wondered exactly what that meant but, nevertheless, we booked two rooms for two nights. The resort was a little difficult to find coming from Cebu as the driveway is right after a curve which is better seen from the other side of the road.
Location: On top of a hill with a gorgeous view of Bohol across the Bohol Strait. This is perfect for morning people as you can witness beautiful sunrises at about 5:30am.
Rooms: Clean and pleasant with curtains that do keep the morning sun out! :-)
Bathrooms: Clean with no mildew or mold. Good quality fixtures and enough hooks to hang towels. However, they really should install a bump strip to keep water in the shower area so that it does not make the whole bathroom wet. The curtain is not enough.
Restaurant: Good food!! :-) We were very pleasantly surprised that the menu was extensive and there was something for everyone. We recommend the spaghetti bolognese (so good we ordered one at each meal), pork and chicken cordon bleu (yup, one at each meal too), chicken and mushroom alfredo, bratwurst pizza (barkada size was huge and we had leftovers for the next day which they happily kept for us and reheated the next day). The goulash was excellent!! And potato croquettes were loved by the kids. Best of all is that these were all quite reasonably priced! For dessert the halo-halo and mango float were wonderful. There were 8 of us and we ordered about 6-7 dishes per meal and we were all quite satisfied and happy.
Cabana/huts: These were clean and very well maintained. One late afternoon it did rain but we were nice and cosy playing cards.
Pool and Jacuzzi: The kids did not miss the beach at all. The pool was clean although whenever the jacuzzi was turned on there would be the smell of gas. So we were thinking that the motor was gas powered? We should have asked but didn't.
Gym: There was a small gym but we didn't use it.
Garden: The rooms were positioned around the main garden with cabanas all around. The grass was well maintaind and clean. Very nice to lie on for stargazing at night.
Extra Mats: My sons complained that the mats were very thin and they were not comfortable. Thicker mattresses would be a good idea.
Staff: Very pleasant and professional. Neat, tidy and discreet.
Security: I felt very safe although on our first night I did catch on guard asleep on the cabana seat. He did wake up and carry on with this duties.
WiFi: Strong and fast! Even in the pool area and at 2am. :-)

Over-all we had a wonderful time!! We look forward to our next trip!

Room Tip: Rooms with AC do not face the sea but the view (and the balcony) that one gets with the Non-AC rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Staff were very friendly, courteous, and professional. But I was a bit disappointed on their short of staff, we had to order our dinner waaaaay ahead of time, because they said they were going to be very busy. And, just having breakfast or lunch, it's hard to say or know what you want for dinner. Especially, on a week that is expected to be busy, Holy Week! But, I must say, the staff did everything they can to accommodate our group. So, thank you!!!

Bedrooms: I like them...the bathroom is another story. I don't know why the shower area doesn't have a divider (aside from the shower curtain). I think it should have something to block the water from going all over the bathroom floor, because if it's the style they're after, it's not working. It feels so gross and icky to go in the bathroom when the floors are wet (after someone has taken a shower). They need more mats to wipe your feet.

Guest cot: it is sooo small that I can't even turn on my side without having to hold on so I won't fall. And, the roll out beds...they're soooo thin that it hurts when you get up. It would work for a carpeted floor, but not a concrete floor.

I hope they'll improve the number of staff, bit bigger cots, and thicker cushions for the roll out beds. I like this place a lot, the food is ok, really depends on one's taste. And, location is even better. A place to really do your R&R.

Our group was loud at times, we played our own music sometimes, and brought drinks and snacks, but we were discreet about it. We haven't heard complaints from other guests nor from the management. The couple that runs the place were really nice, they gave my friend 3 mugs, but none for me and cousin... :-(

Danke Schon!

Room Tip: there are non AC rooms, which were fine because of the breeze it gets, plus, it has a balcony with a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Haiming Tirol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay in Bodos for 10 weeks, there are very friendly people. I mean the guests and also the employes and the owners. I had very much fun there in the resort and at the special Partys there especialy Valentines day Party. The rooms and the whole resort are very clean and the meals are excellent. I also gone with the Adventure Tours who stay also in the resort, on Boattrips, whale watching and Waterfall climbing, very nice. All in all, the whole time was a real Adventure for me and i go back there in December also for longer time!

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed there approx one week in total, we found the service was good and the staff friendly. The BIG German boss? and his Wife were nice. people should not criticise the place as it is not a 5 star hotel. I loved the casual atmosphere and the 80's music in the restaurant and bar. We'll be back !!

Thanks Bodos and staff,
ex Room 11, The Australian Chinese guy with Michelle!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BodosAlcoyCebu, Owner at Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Hello from Alcoy,

thanks a lot for your review wich is very fair und constructive. Thanks also for you defense against unfair reviews here in this machine. We all hope to see you soon and then we must talk about the sleeping quality (I´ve seen that it is not so good rated and if we can improve something for you we will do). Best regards from the BBB Family and have a good time.
cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed there with my husband and 2 kids for 3 days and 2 nights. I gave BODOS service a 2 star rating, the service was a little bit slow maybe because the resort was full, Filipinos on their guestrooms and foreigners on their restaurants. You really have to wait 30 minutes to one hour before your food will be served, so you better order in ahead of time before you get starved. I have to give credit to their staff, they are very friendly and always with a smile on their faces, even the owner Inge greeted us "Maayong Buntag!" which was nice.

To those who have kids, surely they will enjoy their jacuzzi and pool. It is a great place to unwind and relax. The resort gave me an awesome view of the mountains and the sea. Their food is delicious, a bit pricey but all worth it. The resort also is about five minute drive to their famous Tingko white sand beaches.

And about their corkage it is clearly stated in their house rules that they will charge 600 pesos per head to those who will be bringing in cooked foods and drinks, so about those negative comments I don't think it's fair, for I can clearly see their efforts to please their guests.

Definitely will be coming back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hello and nice greetings from Alcoy.
Thank´s a lot for your very fair review. To service we want to mention the following:
For we prepare everything fresh and we don´t use convenience it takes some time but-like written from you- it is value to wait. Nevertheless 1 hour is really too much time. But also you mentioned the right reason: Normally the restaurant was built only for Resort Guests. So the kitchen is a bit small when there are fully booked rooms and the additionally the same sized group only for restaurant. For we actually work since 4 months now we couldn´t change all of the disadvantages. But we already bought 3 new machines now wich helps to improve this situation. At your next stay you don´t have to wait for nearly 1 hour. We promise. Thanks for your really fair and motivating review again and we look forward to service you in the near future. Best regards also to your nice friends. Your BBB Family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

Rooms clean, food delicous, stuff friendly, stunning seaview. What else?
Perfect stay for 10 days. Thanks BBB

PS: Want to bring your own drinks? Start a party at the beautiful beach and meet the nice people there!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort? Share your experiences!