“Ok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Verde Mar

Verde Mar
C/ Sena Encarnacion, 2 | (behind Pro Bike shop), 35560 La Santa, Lanzarote, Spain
+34 928 840 858
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in La Santa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A short walk from La Santa harbour, Verde Mar restaurant sits at the heart of La Santa village. A community founded on fishing, it now attracts surfers and other athletes to the rugged and stunning northern shores of Lanzarote. Verde Mar’s rustic dining room is the perfect backdrop for a relaxing and enjoyable dining experience, whether you are a family with children, a couple on a romantic date, or a hungry cyclist refuelling after a long day in the saddle.
surrey
“Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Starters huge which filled us up for the main courses. The starters were better than the mains. Service very friendly. Give it a try may have been an off night.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stumbled across this little gem whilst waiting for my bike to have some adjustments in the bike shop on the main road. A few meters towards the sea I saw the menu board and was surprised to see such a lovely offering of choices!
fresh fish from the sea- yards away, all sorts of fresh meat and chicken dishes with a great selection of veggie options for the non meat eater.

I decided to pop back that evening and as an athlete thought the portions may not be man enough for me and my friends.... How wrong was I? Portions were more than ample for two hungry athletes, and in fact I could not fit in the desert that I wanted to finish off my meal. ( sports fuel of course)

Not only were the dishes plated to look lovely, the food was amazing! I was really pleased as for the very reasonable €15 euros my whole meal cost!! I only wish I'd not had he starter so I could have eaten one of the deserts! I'm a bit sad, however a little touch was fab, English tea bags! Lovey cuppa after my meal....

I've since visited a number of times now and tried lots off the menu ..... Everything was well presented, great portions and full of flavour! I don't drink but my friend said the wine they have there is fantastic, locally produced and very popular by all it seems.

The owner, Debbie is an athlete, vegetarian and knows how to cater for everyone's taste buds and the best part as far as I'm concerned is that it's done with "healthy yet flavoursome " in mind...

I'm so pleased I walked out of the bike shop that day as this is now the best place I've found on the island to eat :)

• Visited November 2012
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
“Top quality food and lovely relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Visited November 2012
Oxford
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stumbled across this restaurant whilst touring the north of the island. We were staying in playa blanca.
The town of la Santa was all but deserted on the face of it but as it was lunchtime,e we decided to stop to find something to eat. We chose verde mar because of the menu on the blackboard outside -which appeared much more varied and interesting than the majority of restaurants we have seen, many of which are very 'samey'.
We are so glad we did. We were actually only the ones eating but the owner made us very welcome, happily chatting to us about the island and even though this restaurant didnt have any outside areas (our usual preference) it didn't matter as we had a decent view of the sea from the large open windows.

The menu was varied and interesting and had a very good choice of fish dishes. We both chose a fantastic mixed seafood platter (freshly cooked calamari, whitebait, prawns and wonderfully fresh sardines -which came with different 2 pots of mayonnaise dips) 10 euros each and a salad and homemade bread. The lanzarote wine was also excellent and was happily served by the glass from a new bottle.
As it was lunchtime and supposed to just be. 'light' meal we hadn't intended on having. Pud but pudding is my 'one weakness' and the selection was so tempting that I asked if I could take the banana cake 'to go' - which was no problem and arrived in a sealed foil container. When I opened it later to have with my afternoon tea I found not just one but two pieces and with it a divine toffee sauce. It was honestly one of the best I've eaten!
If you want fantastic food then you must go here!

• Visited October 2012
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Not what you expect in La Santa, wonderful Resturante Verde Mar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

What a find.
Bright Cheerful Resturante, Fantastic menus, cheerful staff, do wonder what non Brits make of Eton Mess, the puds made you want to throw away the Bathroom Scales. Well worth the drive from all over the island quite the best food we have had on Lanzarote for a very long time.

• Visited September 2012